box creator - "couldn't arrange quick enough"

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
jimhester2@gmail.com
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

box creator - "couldn't arrange quick enough"

Post by jimhester2@gmail.com »

I started having a problem with the box creator, where after I enter the info and press enter, a box pops up saying "Couldn't arrange quick enough". The result is that only 2 or 3 of the sides of the box and bottom are on the screen. I've tried restarting Vcarve Pro, running Ccleaner, and restarting the computer. Once I even reinstalled the gadget. Anyone had this problem? Thanks.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: box creator - "couldn't arrange quick enough"

Post by Adrian »

It's to do with the vectors in your design. The gadget will display that error when it's gone through a certain loop too many times and then assumes (probably correctly) that something is up with the vectors.

I'd take a guess that you've got overlaps or something. Ideally you need to attach the actual file so it can be looked at to see the actual issue but you could try running the Vector Validator (the blue tick icon) to see what the errors are.

paulsgrillo
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Post by paulsgrillo »

found that the box creator gadget does not like the job size being smaller than the area defined. If the job area is large enough to accommodate the requested sides it is ok. So if you are asking for all ends and sides and the defined job area is not large enough, this area gets thrown.
Suggest that making the job area larger, and after the vectors are generated, export the vectors. They can then be imported for smaller size material.

cluksha
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity Journeyman X50

Post by cluksha »

Thanks so much for this info. I had to change my sheet to be a full sheet of ply wood and it worked just fine.!!
paulsgrillo wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:58 pm
found that the box creator gadget does not like the job size being smaller than the area defined.
Started with Vcarve Pro Mid July 2023
Using OF Journeyman x50 Aug 2023