This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Easy Cabinet Maker

Post by Leo »

I want to use this gadget.

I almost never use gadgets.

I am remodeling my kitchen and building cabinets. I have used other software and Solidworks.

I woud like to try Easy Cabinet Maker

BUT - I cannot figure out how to get it set up in Aspire.

I downloaded it. I unzipped it. I cut it from download and pasted it into C:/users/public/Public Documents/ Vectric Files/ Gadgets

In Aspire click on the Gadgets/Install new Gadget. I then navigate to the C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Gadgets\EasyCabinetMaker\EasyCabinetMaker (yes twice)

No iyems match search
Untitled.jpg
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: Easy Cabinet Maker

Post by scotttarnor »

An older post I noticed Dealguy11 comment matched your cut and paste action, it’s not in the menu tree after restarting Aspire?
viewtopic.php?t=33172
Scott T

@scottscnc

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Leo:

Manually installing like that is possible but you have to be aware of Windows' subtleties. When you extract a zip file in Windows Explorer Windows will create a directory with the name of the zip file and dump everything within the zip in that folder. Which is great if the zip doesn't have a folder structure. Annoying if it does.

So, when you unzip the file in your downloads folder instead of moving that newly created directory move the directory within that directory to your "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Gadgets\<product> v<version number>" directory. Once that is done it should appear in the gadgets menu without needing to be installed.

Steven

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Copy folder into application data gadgets folder then restarting worked.

Thank you
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC