Carving a Angle on a Flat surface.

This forum lists all Gadgets that are available now
pviljoen
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AvidCNC

Carving a Angle on a Flat surface.

Post by pviljoen »

I have to carve an angle at the bottom part of an armrest, so that the arm rest fits snug to the back leg.
I have tried various methods including Moulding and chamfer paths. The system does no seem to extend the angle carve from end to end. It is either on the bottom of the carve or at the top and not the full thickness of the armrest.

Any Ideas?
I have added the Vcarve file. It is the small block at the left of the armrest, and is the underside of the armrest.
Attachments
Arm Rest.crv3d
(49.5 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

pviljoen
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AvidCNC

Re: Carving a Angle on a Flat surface.

Post by pviljoen »

PS. The angle should be 45% from Right to left. The left line is equal to the top flat area of the arm rest. ie you are working on the underside of the armrest.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Carving a Angle on a Flat surface.

Post by sharkcutup »

pviljoen wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:06 am
I have to carve an angle at the bottom part of an armrest, so that the arm rest fits snug to the back leg.
I have tried various methods including Moulding and chamfer paths. The system does no seem to extend the angle carve from end to end. It is either on the bottom of the carve or at the top and not the full thickness of the armrest.

Any Ideas?
I have added the Vcarve file. It is the small block at the left of the armrest, and is the underside of the armrest.
Not many forum members make it here to the GADGET RELEASES

You need to post this in another location on the forum so it can be seen by more of the forum members

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554