✨Vectric Christmas Toy Shop Day 2✨Children's Toolbox🛠

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

✨Vectric Christmas Toy Shop Day 2✨Children's Toolbox🛠

Post by RebeccaJ »

One of the things I miss most about being a kid is how far stretched your imagination is, to the point where your bunk bed is no longer a bed it’s actually a pirate ship that’s crashing against the waves!

I wanted to bring some of that imaginary play into this project, so I created a Toolbox with some essential tools! The idea is that the kids can make their own amazing imaginary projects, perhaps it’s just a box, a toy just like this or maybe they’re making a huge wooden fun house! Who wouldn’t want to make that at that age right? Whatever it is, I’m sure children will have a blast with this toy.
The project is made up of 3 materials (all at different thicknesses) there is the slot together element of the box itself, there is 3D two sided machining for the hammer and everything else is pretty much 2D cuts with the exception of a little v-carving for the ruler and the text in the box. All you need to do to create your own Toolbox is to alter the width/ height of the slots according to the material thickness you plan to machine into, where the vectors you need to change are red (on a layer called “Slot Vectors To Alter According to Z”) this also includes the holes for the doweling. To alter the slots make sure that you remove the fillets from the existing vectors, alter the sizes and then insert your fillets according to the tool radius you are going to use.

Why not share some #kindnessthischristmas and machine this FREE project for a little one near you and if you do then don't forget to tag us in your social posts or use the #kindnessthischristmas or share it right here on the Vectric forum so we can see how yours turned out.❤

We’ll be premiering this live on YouTube at 3pm GMT here:

Come join us where we’ll be on hand in the chat!

You can download the FREE project here:
https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... ensToolbox

Not yet a Vectric customer? No worries, we’ve made this one compatible with our free trial software meaning they can be machined by anyone with a CNC machine around the world.

🎄Merry Christmas and Happy Making🎄
Attachments
1.png
2.png
3.png
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.