In the labs with Todd & Peter Parfitt - FREE Shoehorn Project

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

In the labs with Todd & Peter Parfitt - FREE Shoehorn Project

Post by Stephanie Downing »

Peter Parfitt, from The New Brit Workshop, recently guest appeared with Todd in our LIVE YouTube event. Peter shared some practical ideas he uses his CNC for in The New Brit Workshop.

Peter looks at his CNC as another tool in the shop allowing himself to utilize its accuracy to create all sorts of jigs and creating starting points for projects that he finishes using traditional woodworking techniques. Peter has been very generous and has included some of his VCarve and Aspire files he used for the ideas he shares so you can try them yourself or be inspired to create some of your own. These additional free files will be included in the shoehorn project download pack.

Peter also tossed us a challenge... can Vectric make a shoehorn on our CNC within 2 hours? That's the time it takes him to create a CNC/Woodworking version... can Todd do it? Have a watch of the video to see if he can pull it off. Then give it a try on your own using the free shoehorn files we have included with this event. Try it Peter’s way or if you have Aspire you can cut the full shoehorn on your CNC!

Watch the full YouTube event here:

If you are interested in what Peter is up to on his YouTube channel pop over and have a look! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYwsgA ... Cb4YFG00xQ

Download all of the FREE project files Peter talks about in his video here:
https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... nChallenge
800x800_shoehorn.jpg

mekjian
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD500 EB

Re: In the labs with Todd & Peter Parfitt - FREE Shoehorn Project

Post by mekjian »

I have VCarve Pro 11.0 as my design software.....Are their Plans to support this version Vs. Aspire?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

mekjian wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:48 pm
I have VCarve Pro 11.0 as my design software.....Are their Plans to support this version Vs. Aspire?
For this particular project or something else? Although VCarve can cut the model it doesn't have the capability to create it which is the aim of this project as far as I can see.

The free projects are essentially marketing tools that Vectric use to showcase the capabilities of the software and there are many that work in VCarve and Cut2D as well.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

mekjian wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:48 pm
They do Support the V-Carve Pro Version in a sense. There is a .CRV file with all the Vectors for the shoehorn.

I do not have Aspire either but I have been able to use the supplied vectors to create similar model in another 3D modeling program. But by the same token with a bit of time and creativity you probably could use some of the tools (moulding Toolpat, etc...) in V-Carve Pro to create a similar shoehorn.

Just my thoughts/opinions!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554