The 12 Projects of Christmas 2020 - Bottle Stoppers

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

The 12 Projects of Christmas 2020 - Bottle Stoppers

Post by Todd Bailey »

One of the best gifts you can give is the gift of time. Some would say that nothing makes that gift any better than a bottle of wine to share when you reminisce about the years that have passed. We’re sure in the past you have dressed that bottle up in a fancy wine bag that we are sure was regifted or tossed in the recycling. This year why not gift that bottle with a fun and festive wine cork that will surely be kept and used throughout the season and for years to come.

Bottle Stoppers
Bottle Stoppers

This project is simple to customize, cut, and finish but most importantly looks pretty great when it’s in use. Once you get a feel for the project file and how it was set up you can pick and choose the stoppers you want to cut or even design your own for any occasion. Let’s not forget that these stoppers are handy for spirit, soda, or even some sparkling juice bottles… lots of options.

To download the FREE project:
https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... leStoppers

If you would like to watch the video it is here:

We hope you enjoy this project.

Sad to say this is the last of our 2020, 12 Project of Christmas. So from all of us here at Vectric be safe, Happy Holidays, and catch you in 2021 in the Vectrics Labs!
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: The 12 Projects of Christmas 2020 - Bottle Stoppers

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Another great project. Thanks Todd, and a Merry Christmas to you and all at Vectric.

A while back I turned a few bottle stoppers on my lathe. Ruth Niles (https://nilesbottlestoppers.com) has some really elegant stoppers and I think they could be adapted for these projects.
Steve

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hello Steve...

Thanks for the comment!

Yes... they would have worked GREAT!!! Would you use a threaded insert so they fit properly?

It might be interesting to try the treadmilling toolpath to created the internal threads... hmmm maybe next year... :)

Happy Holidays!!!
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I don't think the thread cutting toolpath could be used unless you have a really small thread cutter for the 3/8" internal threads. On her website she sells the mandrels, drill bits, and bottoming taps to fit the stainless steel stoppers.
Steve