In The Labs with Vectric - Tim Sway Animal Lamp

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

In The Labs with Vectric - Tim Sway Animal Lamp

Post by Stephanie Downing »

Tim Sway's latest project the 'animal lamp' is a quick and easy project to keep you busy.

This 'Animal Lamp' is a quick and easy project that you can download and machine for yourself in no time! 🦩

It was originally created for Makers Central in the UK but due to COVID-19 the show was postponed until next year. Tim designed the project so he could make it live on stage with any of the core Vectric software packages, and with the help of the box gadget!

Whether you want to make this project as I have designed it or make a few tweaks to make it your own, please share your version by tagging Vectric across their social media channels or posting on this thread!

Please Note: Although these files can be opened in all core products it's worth noting that I used the Box Creator Gadget to create the box, Vectric gadgets are only compatible with Cut2D Pro, VCarve Pro or Aspire

Take a look at how this project was created here:

To download the FREE Files head over to our website here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... AnimalLamp

Enjoy :D
800x800.jpg

russdent
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee

Re: In The Labs with Vectric - Tim Sway Animal Lamp

Post by russdent »

Tim, here's my attempt at making your clever animal lamp. I don't have any old hollow core doors but do have lots of small pieces of plywood scraps that would otherwise be tossed. The plywood has one good side and one poor side but at least it's fairly free of voids. What I hadn't realized before cutting it all out, was that the poor side would be the top! :oops: Your video showed good sides on both surfaces and it went completely over my head (now I see why). For a little added interest, I used quilt scraps from my wife's stash.
Sway-Lamp1.jpg
Sway-Lamp2.jpg
I got motivated to make this during breaks in the UGM presentations. My grandson will love it and I can anticipate making many more! Thank you for the project ideas.
Russ

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

WOW Russ,

This is fantastic, you've done a great job. I really like how you have used the material scraps across the animal cut outs the different colours are so effective with the light coming through.

You've really put the breaks in the UGM presentations to good use there :D Another benefit to watching from your own workshop.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Very cool, Russ! The quilt scraps add a nice pop of color and interest to this project!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC