12 Projects of Christmas 2019 OUT NOW

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Re: 12 Projects of Christmas 2019 OUT NOW

Post by Stephanie Downing »

Project 7 of our 12 Projects of #Christmas is OUT NOW!

In this video Beki shows you how she designed and toolpaths the Star Dish in VCarve Pro, then follow her journey in the labs where she machines and finishes the star dish!

Watch the full video and download the free project files here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... rCandyDish
Attachments
Star Candy Dish
Star Candy Dish

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Project 8 is available Now!

If you are like my Family, we have several Christmas Tree Ornaments that have been in our Family’s history for more than one or two generations. Every year, when the decoration boxes are opened, it is always hard to see one of them broken beyond repair.

Thanks to this special project next year there will be less of a chance one of our cherished ornament will be lost.

This project starts off in VCarve Pro with the Box Creator Gadget and then is modified to me a 4 sectioned box with VCarving. Don’t panic if you only have the Desktop version of your software and don’t have access to gadgets. We have provided the file I used and one that makes use of .25” thick stock and a .25” Endmill that should fit most needs.

I hope you enjoy this project and even if you don’t need a safe place for your Christmas ornaments this box would make a great memories box with a quick change of the VCarving!

To watch the full video of how Todd created this project and to download the free project files click here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... amentalBox

Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas!
Attachments
8-Ornament Box.jpg

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Project 9 of our 12 Projects of Christmas is OUT NOW!

In this video Beki shows you how to create a Christmas Beer Caddy! This project is perfect for the beer lover in your life! It’s a fairly quick and simple project to machine with just 2 tools and 5 toolpaths! It requires no gluing or screwing (apart from screwing the wall mountable bottle opener to the side panel!) So it’s just a case of machine, sand, assemble, fill with beers and gift to your favourite person!

Watch the full video on how the project was created and download the free project files here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... sBeerCaddy
Attachments
Christmas Beer Caddy
Christmas Beer Caddy

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Project 10 of the 12 projects of Christmas is out now!

This little Snowman family is so easy to make & even more fun to rearrange and mix up. You might event want to create new faces and bodies that better match your own family. Maybe add in a family pet or favourite toy, just make an extra-large block and add your v-carved image.

We chose to use mineral oil as a finish, but have a feeling adults and children alike would have a blast painting these up! Holidays are a time for making special memories and doing things together. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable holiday making some very special moments!

Watch the full video and download the FREE project here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... milyBlocks
Attachments
Snowman Family Blocks
Snowman Family Blocks

meflick
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by meflick »

I just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU to all of you at Vectric who have done the work to compile these 12 projects of Christmas. While I am downloading them all, I don't know that any will be made this year before Christmas - but I do plan to make some, if not all, of them soon. When I do finally get around to it, I will be sure and post a picture here. However, I just wanted to make sure that you knew that I looked forward to seeing these and appreciate the time and effort put into them and the fact that even those crafted with Aspire, have been adapted so that those of us with Vcarve Desktop or Pro can still create them too. In particular, I look forward to crafting the Nordic Santa. He is so cute. I also have a special (plastic box) that I store all the handmade cross-stitch ornaments my mother made for us so it will hopefully be replaced one day with the box here. Thanks!

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hey meflick!
Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad to hear that you have been enjoying the projects that we have created this year :) And we can't wait to see your versions of the projects too! Good luck with the Nordic Santa and the Ornament Box :D From the team here at Vectric we wish you a Merry Christmas :)
Thanks,
Beki
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Project 11 & 12 of the 12 projects are out now!

Project 11 I show you how to create a Merry Christmas Sign! This project teaches the stacked text technique where you machine a word on top of another word so what better two words to use than “Merry Christmas” for the festive season!

Project 12 is a simple wooden soldier that Todd has created that is an object that instantly reminds us of Christmas where he set out to make something that could be customized with an interesting finishing but look fantastic in its natural wood finish.

We hope that you have all enjoyed the 12 Projects of Christmas this year and I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to every single member of this forum for all of your inspirational projects, techniques and how-to's, I've certainly learnt a lot here and believe that sharing ideas makes us all better at what we do and make! May 2020 be filled with more projects, support and creativity than ever before!

From all of us here at Vectric, we wish you very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
Attachments
11-Merry Christmas Stacked Text.jpg
12-WoodenSoldier.jpg
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Merry Christmas, Vectric!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Becky,

I think the inspirations and creativity we have is because you and the Vectric team have given us the opportunity and encouragement to do so. Merry Christmas to you and to all the Vectric staff.
Steve