Free Project - Autumn Fall Wreath

Samson
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4x4

Re: Free Project - Autumn Fall Wreath

Post by Samson »

Thanks Michael.
It would have made a great gift for my mother-in-law. She loves wreaths, and has one hanging on her front door all year.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

There's a Christmas and Spring version that will work in 8.5 if they are any use to you.

https://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/proj ... reath.html
https://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/proj ... reath.html

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Samson wrote:Thanks Michael.
It would have made a great gift for my mother-in-law. She loves wreaths, and has one hanging on her front door all year.
If anyone asks what you want for Chanukah or Christmas this year, you know what to tell 'em! :D
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Samson
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4x4

Post by Samson »

Thanks Adrian!
Those are both nice and I will make both. A gift for Christmas and one for her birthday in April.

Edit: My apologies. I didn't realize the wreath was an Aspire project, as well as the two that Adrian posted links to. I don't even have Aspire, only VCP. Darn it!
Thanks all the same.

barrywuttke
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark hd3

Post by barrywuttke »

Michael, we made the autumn wreath and it turned out beautiful, thank you for the project. We would like to create a Christmas wreath using Aspire how did you use Aspire to make the autumn wreath? We are newbies....Do you have a detailed video or something to show me how you made the program?
Thank you, Barry

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

barrywuttke wrote:Michael, we made the autumn wreath and it turned out beautiful, thank you for the project. We would like to create a Christmas wreath using Aspire how did you use Aspire to make the autumn wreath? We are newbies....Do you have a detailed video or something to show me how you made the program?
Thank you, Barry
Thank you, Barry! I'm happy to know you enjoyed making the Autumn Wreath!

Vectric has a full compliment of Tutorial Videos that cover the modeling "how-to" procedures: https://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V ... =1&order=1

If you watch the tutorials and go through the exercises shown, you should be able to create your own models in a short period of time. After learning the basics, it's just a matter of hands-on experience (i.e., practice) to gain confidence and skill in making more complex models. It's a lot of fun making models and projects yourself - the sky's the limit!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

kevkeller
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Post by kevkeller »

What clipart is used for the leaves? I've decided to try and create this fall wreath without using the "free project" files. This will give me some good practice with the software and manipulating the components. This must be a different leaf pattern than is available in the clipart provided?

Thanks for creating this project, I think it will be fun trying to duplicate the wreath with my models.

JNC
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSalpha

Post by JNC »

Got cold in VA so I went to the shop to see if I could get Spring to sprig a little earlier. Took 9 hours and 29 minutes for the 3D Finishing path to machine. Had fun with this and now have all of Michael wreaths :D
Attachments
Spring Wreath.jpg

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Jim. Your wreath looks great! I hope that helped sprig some Spring! Thank you for showing us the pic!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Post by wb9tpg »

Michael,

couple you please explain your process for modeling the bark texture and how you curved it around the circle.

Thank you
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

wb9tpg wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:51 pm
Michael,

couple you please explain your process for modeling the bark texture and how you curved it around the circle.

Thank you
Hi Gary,

The bark texture is the Bark 1 clipart component model (included with Aspire). I merged a couple of them together and enlarged/stretched to get a pleasing texture I was happy with, then Baked into a single component.

I then selected one of the wreath's inner circle vectors for the Drive Rail, went into the Extrude and Weave tool, and selected Use a component (the bark component) and chose Stretch to drive rail length. This wraps/curves the bark component all around the circle.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Post by wb9tpg »

Michael, thanks for this project. I just cut it yesterday and got to the step where I had just applied the flat Krylon. Then a neighbor stopped by and offered to buy the piece "as is". I explained I hadn't painted it yet and she said she like it "that way".

LOL - what can I say. I can cut another one for me and paint it. I might do it with the garage door closed this time.

Thanks again
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA