New FREE Project - Making a Commemorative Plaque

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

New FREE Project - Making a Commemorative Plaque

Post by Todd Bailey »

Here at Vectric we are thrilled to have teamed up with The Heart of England Forest charity in order to help reverse centuries of woodland decline and create and conserve a magnificent 30,000 acre broadleaf forest for the benefit of the environment, wildlife and people.

As well as our donation, over the next 12 months our team will be embarking on a mission to spend at least one day a month planting trees and maintaining the forest around us. We’ll be making use of the tools we have at our disposal to make projects to educate and inspire those around us to get involved with planting and maintaining the forest as well as projects that will help with the conservation of wildlife in the area such as bird and bat boxes, insect homes and more.

To get this partnership off on the right foot we wanted to make something that we could leave in the forest that brings attention to Vectric’s journey but also inspires others to take part in great opportunities like this to give back to nature. We felt there would be no other way than to create a free-standing plaque that we could leave behind in the forest for others to see and be inspired.

We commissioned a lovely relief model of a hand holding a tree and used it on the plaque opposite to the Heart of England Forest’s logo. In the middle we added some bold text that we simply v-carved. The finish is a simple deck oil that should help protect it for years with little maintenance.

The free project files for this commemorative plaque do not include the hand holding a tree 3D model or the rectangular hand carved dish, however these can be purchased directly from the Design&Make store. This free standing plaque free project can be used for so many occasions including; memorials, garden signs, weddings, walking trails and so many more. We hope you get inspired to get out into nature and do a little bit to ensure it is here for generations to come!

Have fun and keep safe!

Todd

To download the project: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... tivePlaque
Attachments
Heart of England Forest Charity
Heart of England Forest Charity
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Re: New FREE Project - Making a Commemorative Plaque

Post by AboveCreations »

Hi Todd, interesting project. However, I downloaded the file several times and it appears something is wrong with the .pdf. It opens to a blank screen. Don't think it is just me, but who knows. Could you take a look at that please? Since the vcarve file has no toolpaths, I am just assuming how things are tooled and put together without the .pdf instructions. thanks.

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Re: New FREE Project - Making a Commemorative Plaque

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hey AboveCreations...

Thanks for downloading the project... and the feedback.

I checked the PDF and it seems to work fine for me, sorry not what you wanted to hear I suspect.

When you first open the file you will be looking at the "Concept" Sheet. There is no tooling for that sheet so you won't see anything listed in the toolpaths. You will need to look at a sheet that has tooling. For instance, the "Plaque" sheet has tooling included and will show when that sheet is active.

In saying that if you want to see all the tooling no matter what sheet you are on, open your "Toolpaths" tab, and in the bottom section select "All Sheets". The toolpaths that do not belong to the active sheet will be grayed out.

Hope that helps...
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com