SB3 jog weird problem. Program in inches but jogs in MM

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
New2allthis
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot prtalpha

SB3 jog weird problem. Program in inches but jogs in MM

Post by New2allthis »

We bought a used 2006 alpha prs 4x8 CNC machine. Im guessing it uses a version SB3 from that time period.

\We moved it from the original company working correctly according to the tech that helped us.

My shop bot 3 software doesnt calculate jog correctly. After an afternoon of testing by the machines original operator he concluded if the SB3 software gets a job command in the g code to move 8 inches it moves 3.41. Which is the distance of 8 mm not inches.

When given a manual input signal to " move " or in a g code it works fine. When given a manual or g code signal to " jog " it seems to move in MM not the inches of the g code.

The tech or myself have never even heard of this, has anyone experienced anything like this ?

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: SB3 jog weird problem. Program in inches but jogs in MM

Post by adze_cnc »

Triple post! See here

New2allthis
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot prtalpha

Post by New2allthis »

Im sorry i dont understand..

Did i somehow post this 3 times ?

The link you provided took me to { is it a copy } of the original post ?

How { if i posted more than once } can i deleted the unneeded threads please ?

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

The usual cause of multiple copies of the same post are:
  • double-clicking on the "Submit" button
  • clicking on the "Submit" button but things seem to be taking too long so you click on the button again thinking that you haven't in the firt place
By now you probably can't delete the duplicates. If you catch things early enough (before someone replies or before you close the board web page) you can remove them.

The image below shows the 3 posts. The red circled on is this post. The blue is my other "triple post" notification and the yellow high-lighted one is the one I hope people will reply to just to keep everything in one place.

triple post.png