Dremel Post Processor

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440,TaigCNCMill,Dellta3003d, Epilog

Dremel Post Processor

Post by TSM2018 »

Does a Dremel Post Processor file exist for aspire? Printing the stl files for the Design and Make Craft CNC is progressing nicely...., Looking foward to building this model and see if I have the ability to scratch build with instructions - I have to locate the parts that I bought. It is a baby step to understand the making of a CNC......

I have aspire, and I had zero intention of designing in the Craft CNC software....
I'm having an uh- oh moment - imagine me hitting my head against the fridge.... (just kidding, I don't want to dent it.)

I found this in the assembly instructions tonite, and I thought this was going be a simple assembly test of my courage....
>>>Note: Either at this point or prior, it is important to flash the Arduino with the Grbl controller and test the machine operation. <<<<

This is not Mach 3 - which I use for my Taig Mill, Sherline CNC Lathe, and am using Planet CNC for my CNC router.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Dremel Post Processor

Post by adze_cnc »

TSM2018 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:19 am
Grbl controller
You answered your own question.

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440,TaigCNCMill,Dellta3003d, Epilog

Re: Dremel Post Processor

Post by TSM2018 »

Grbl controls the dremel.

It is clear the machine can use vectric files as they gave perhaps 4 projects on the site.
I can't imagine a lot of modeling abilities in free Design and Make software vs. any version of Aspire...and the stl files for the Craft CNC clearly has a Z axis in the parts descriptions.

Just as Planet CNC controls my Digital Wood Carver CNC.
I have a post processor profile from Digital Wood Carver that is uploaded to Aspire.

I will download the Design and Make software and see what happens.

I just had to load the manufacturer's instructions in Cura for the 3D Printer, and I am guessing this is pretty consistent process across all digitally controlled spindles.