Help with pp for plasma

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Shanelockard
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds

Help with pp for plasma

Post by Shanelockard »

Ok trying to figure out what and how to come up with a pp for a plasma cutter. Machine is actually an openbuilds lead 1515 that is modified with a floating head. It’s also using the black box using grbl. This machine setup was originally found on drdflo.com. In the video he used openbuilds cam which is in mm and I’m looking for inch which the openbuilds cam doesn’t do. Need the z to probe down and with the floating head it contacts a switch hooked to the probe connections on the black box and to retract back off the material. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Re: Help with pp for plasma

Post by Greolt »

To write a PP for you I would need to intimately know your control software and setup. This I do not know.

For a general idea of what is needed to edit an existing PP for plasma use, this video might be some help.

I made it some time ago and it could be better but take a look anyway.

Shanelockard
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds

Post by Shanelockard »

Thanks for the link. What I do know is the openbuilds grbl inch post will work for a cnc router since I have that setup too. I’m just not exactly sure what I need to delete. I believe I’ve seen a laser mod for it somewhere. I would think that a plasma should be similar to the laser as far as turning on and off and it would run at a set z height that i think could be setup with the probe sequence

Jeff Johnson

Post by Jeff Johnson »

Shanelockard wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:09 pm
Thanks for the link. What I do know is the openbuilds grbl inch post will work for a cnc router since I have that setup too. I’m just not exactly sure what I need to delete. I believe I’ve seen a laser mod for it somewhere. I would think that a plasma should be similar to the laser as far as turning on and off and it would run at a set z height that i think could be setup with the probe sequence
DId you ever figure this out? I am wanting to do the same thing.