Multicam knife post processor

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Robroy
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ Pacer 5010

Multicam knife post processor

Post by Robroy »

Good day. We are having a problem using the knife with our machine. We have a Multicam Apex 3r. If I use the knife (tool #31) the knife will lift after the first object is cut but then lower before traversing to the next object, therefore cutting across the substrate. If I switch the tool to any tool number associated to what is on the linear rail (8 tool linear rail) it cuts fine. I reached out to Multicam and they say that the issue is with how Aspire is producing the post processor correctly. I have attached the gcode for each file. From what I see, they are identical with the exception of the tool and the speed.

Files are setup from surface of machine and in metric.

Can anyone recognize any issues? How can, if necessary, have Vectric produce a corrected post?

Thank you in advance
Attachments
knife6pcs.txt
(3.13 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Tool7.txt
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Multicam knife post processor

Post by Rcnewcomb »

You might also send an email to support@vectric.com

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum, although the Vectricians do appear from time to time.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Would be nice if Multicam had said what they believe the issue with the post processor is. As you've said the only difference between those files is the tool number and the feed rate.

Robroy
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ Pacer 5010

Post by Robroy »

They complained about the addition of G17, ommission of G70. They mentioned that they have zero issue with using Enroute. Their attitude is that the machine only does what it is told to do so therefore it has to be the post. I tried arguing with them that perhaps it's the interpetation of the code and they disagreed.