Post Processor for C.R. Onsrud M Series with Fanuc controller

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
pcaronna
Model of CNC Machine: C.R. Onsrud M Series 145M12

Post Processor for C.R. Onsrud M Series with Fanuc controller

Post by pcaronna »

i have been using other software as my design tool for my M Series machine but have a need to use Vcarve Pro which i just purchased and have been using for my Laguna CNC Lathe. Does anyone know where I can get a post processor for the C.R. Onsrud M series machine for VCarve Pro? I have tried to use the Fanuc post processors VCarve already has in it's libriary with no luck. Any help toward this would be great even if it is only to direct me to a third party that might be able to write one for me.

thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Post Processor for C.R. Onsrud M Series with Fanuc controller

Post by Adrian »

Which controller does it have? They come with Fanuc, Osai or B&R.

There are post processors for those controllers already but whether they are right for you I don't know. The best place to get the correct info is from the manufacturers themselves or their support site in general.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I have used Onsrud with OSAI control. I have also used many many Fanuc controls on other machines of all sorts.

Fanuc is pretty generic G-Code controller and is the industry's leading control.

I would FULLY expect the Fanuc post processors in Vectric to work very well with your machine. I would be shocked if the Vectric PP for Fanuc is really not working for you. There is no need to find a CR ONSRUD post processor as that - nor any other machine needs a post. The post is made for the controller, not the machine. In your case FANUC. It is the controller that runs (controls) the machine.

What problems are you having? Perhaps we can help.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

poolrod
Model of CNC Machine: Mazak/Probotix Meteor Fireball

Post by poolrod »

I’m sure I can get help here, you people are very smart, I’m trying to help a guy out running a Onsrud with an Osai control, when I try to load a program, I get a Class H5 AH error and it can’t locate the program. Is it because it needs a special name or something possibly?. Any help would be great. The program shown in the picture is from a working file, not the one I need loaded. Rod Weflen.Image[/img][/media][/img][/url][/img][/img][/img][/img][/img]
Attachments
IMG_6130.jpeg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

First place to start would be looking at the program that works and the one that doesn't and seeing what the differences are.

If it's down to the name of the file you normally can't open it at all is it wouldn't be recognised.