Mach4 PP

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Len-Tikular
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home made revision 3

Mach4 PP

Post by Len-Tikular »

When are we likely to see a Post Processor that will work with Mach4 Hobby.
Len-Tikular (A glider pilots dream cloud)

Aspire 10.5
Mach4 Hobby
Ess Smoothstepper + C11g+C10s

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Mach4 PP

Post by Adrian »

Far as I'm aware from previous threads on the subject there's nothing special about Mach4 as regards post processors so the Mach3 one will work just fine although I notice that New Fangled say to use a Fanuc post processor if there is no specific one.

Len-Tikular
Vectric Wizard

Post by Len-Tikular »

Mach4 uses M commands like M62 and M63 to turn laser on and of. Mach3 uses S spindle commands followed by laser power therefore they are indeed not compatable. Take a raster image where laser power is altered several hundreds of times then Mach4 wont even look at it!

Aspire 10.5
Mach4 Hobby

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Didn't realise we were talking about laser configs rather than routers. That's a whole different kettle of fish as there is no real standard across machine/controller software configurations hence why there are so few supported PP's for the laser module.

Len-Tikular
Vectric Wizard

Post by Len-Tikular »

Jtech tell me that they will release a laser PP for Mach4 next week. Fingers crossed lets hope so.

So many people using lasers these days it sure does enhance the machine's capability. Vectric say they are working on a PP for Mach4 but I'm not sure if they will support lasers. I jolly well hope so, I just upgraded to V10.5 and have been with them since Version2. I also bought their Vcarve Pro and Cut3d and Photocarve so I have significant investment in their software. I hope they are listening well to the community. If a package like other laser software costing £40 a year can do it then I would have thought that Vectric could.

Aspire 10.5
Mach4 Hobby