computer trouble

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Aarong

computer trouble

Post by Aarong »

I downloaded the trial version of V Pro to my computer, guess I did not read the small print in which it said I need a pentium 4, I have a pentium 3 and when I go to do anything it tells me im out of memory, do I need to go buy a new computer?? please help

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

Hello,
Did you see a listing of system requirements for VCarvePro? I could not find it, but was thinking maybe you could upgrade your memory and get past the 'out of memory' errors' if you have a minimal amount of memory? If you read that a P4 is required the increase in memory may not be enough. It's probably better to wait for a reply from Tony or someone else at Vectric to be sure.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hello Aarong,

We recommend a Pentium 4 processor but the software will run on a P3 (much slower) so long as the operating system is Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP or Vista and there is sufficient memory to open and process the file. The more complex the design the more memory required.

Can you open and calculate toolpaths for the Evaluation files supplied with the Trial version - Bulls Head, Open Sign etc. ?

Is the Out of Memory message being shown when working with your own files? If yes can you email the file to ( support at vectric do com ).

Tony