Help: Post Processor Pratix S12 with ATC

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
JasonbalmWCW
Model of CNC Machine: SCM Pratix S15

Help: Post Processor Pratix S12 with ATC

Post by JasonbalmWCW »

Is anyone here using Vcarve on their SCM Pratix S12 running Xilog and ATC? (I have a 2012 model) The existing posts that come with Vcarve do not work for my machine and I am not at a skill level to fully understand modifying the post even with the help document. I am working with Customer Service currently, but with all the back and forth so far, we have not resolved it yet. I thought I would reach out here to see if someone in the community has a working post they would be willing to share.

We run cabinet making software. I have shared that actual post with them and side by side gcode of the same part so they can compare the output.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jason
Waukee CabinetWorks

JasonbalmWCW

Re: Help: Post Processor Pratix S12 with ATC

Post by JasonbalmWCW »

Update: Customer service was great help in working on this, but the SCM machine and its configuration can be confusing and tweaking the post is a bit of a rabbit hole. Through this process, I found out that SCM sells a post processor this is tested and ready to go for vcarve/aspire. They created it at the end of 2019. I went ahead and purchased it ($400..grrr) Works perfectly as long as the datum is set to the lower left and top of material is Z. It also includes a SCM specific menu that pops up after saving the file to tweak offsets and adjust a few other settings before actually saving the file to your file location. The gcode files are super organized including tool notes and other info in a condensed easy to read format. Highly recommend it...but wish it wasn't $400!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Holy cow, $400 and it restricts your home position and material Z?

JasonbalmWCW

Post by JasonbalmWCW »

Unfortunately that appears to be the case. The pop up menu I mentioned allows for offsetting the project, so that appears to be a work around. The forced Z for the top of material is more due to the way SCM machines handle Z. Its different than most machines.

574melvin
Model of CNC Machine: Morbidelli Author 636 top

Post by 574melvin »

I have a SCM Morbidelli 630 top. I am using a post for Vcarve that someone helped me with. I just have one issue that I would like to improve on. After every cut it bobs up and down before going to the next cut. Does yours do that? Could I see a copy of your post or would you look at mine and help me with my problem?

Thanks

JasonbalmWCW

Post by JasonbalmWCW »

Mine was doing that with the posts I was getting from the standard posts. Wierd movements...

The post I purchased from SCM completely solved the issue and really cemented my trust in it working in all situations. I would highly recommend purchasing the post from them. It was developed specifically for scm machines.

I can't send the post itself, but if you want to attach a simple vcarve job file, I would be happy to gcode it with that post and send you the gcode file to compare to what your getting with your post. Customer service could help you make adjustments to your post to get similar results.

574melvin
Model of CNC Machine: Morbidelli Author 636 top

Post by 574melvin »

Here is a sample file if you notice in the gcode that I sent, it does a wierd movement instead of just going to the next point. I will include the actual crv file and the xxl file. For some reason it is not letting me attach a xxl file do I channged it to a txt in order to send it.
Thanks for helping!
Attachments
Dwayne door.crv
(82.5 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
picket fence door.txt
(4.55 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

JasonbalmWCW

Post by JasonbalmWCW »

Here is the XXL File: https://waukeecabinetworks-my.sharepoin ... Q?e=ggyvZs

I also attached the TXT file below.

Hope this helps!
Attachments
Dwayne door - WCW.txt
(8.16 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Rhyne
Model of CNC Machine: Busellato jet3006/morbidelli author636

Post by Rhyne »

Hi 574melvin.
I have the same machine
as you, and the same problem
did you ever get this problem corrected.
Thank you

w00dbutcher
Model of CNC Machine: Omnitech 5x10

Post by w00dbutcher »

Hello
Do you have a contact at SCM? I send an email through the SCM website.

I also need this post for a Pratix15 w/ATC - ASAP.

Thank you
Jeff Smith

w00dbutcher
Model of CNC Machine: Omnitech 5x10

Post by w00dbutcher »

update-
Post purchased from SCM works great!

Jeff Smith
Smith & Company CAD Services

rej
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 2014 roc-tech 4x8 with servos

Post by rej »

400.00 for pp from the company you purchased your machine from? maybe if you bought it used, but you think they would give it to you.
http://www.3dsigncamp.com
http://www.roctechusacnc.com

Heartwood
Model of CNC Machine: Castcnc and Home Brew.

Post by Heartwood »

Hi rej,

Guess every company has the right to make a few bucks where it can in these hard times, don't think you can blame SCM for that.
But if I had one of those machines, I would send that file that JasonbalmWCW posted up to Vectric and ask them to make me a post that does this.They have done a few for me in the past, they have worked perfectly and they don't charge for them.

Jim.

theharveymob
Model of CNC Machine: scm pratix s15

Post by theharveymob »

Hi, I'm a bit late to the party but I'm in the same situation and am frankly willing to pay for any post processor that will work with my machine. Anything to sideline Maestro! SCM in the UK swear blind they haven't heard of this so I'd quite like to tap SCM USA for this.
Could you possibly give me the contact email you used?

Thanks very much.

David
JasonbalmWCW wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:59 pm
Update: Customer service was great help in working on this, but the SCM machine and its configuration can be confusing and tweaking the post is a bit of a rabbit hole. Through this process, I found out that SCM sells a post processor this is tested and ready to go for vcarve/aspire. They created it at the end of 2019. I went ahead and purchased it ($400..grrr) Works perfectly as long as the datum is set to the lower left and top of material is Z. It also includes a SCM specific menu that pops up after saving the file to tweak offsets and adjust a few other settings before actually saving the file to your file location. The gcode files are super organized including tool notes and other info in a condensed easy to read format. Highly recommend it...but wish it wasn't $400!

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello David,

Please drop an email to Vectric support, we will try to get something sorted out for you.

Cheers,

Mark.