Help: Post Processor Pratix S12 with ATC

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
muley444
Model of CNC Machine: SCM Pratix S15 ATC

Re: Help: Post Processor Pratix S12 with ATC

Post by muley444 »

Hi guys,

I've just found myself in completely the same position as you. I've just bought a SCM Pratix S15 (with ATC and drill block) and I foolishly thought I would be able just to use it as I did my previous 10x5 ATC with VCarve.

Did you guys get a contact for purchasing the SCM post processor? Was that SCM in America? I've heard nothing back from SCM in the UK as of yet.

I had an engineer over last Friday who was starting to show me some of it's features and it's way more complicated and clunky than I'm used to. He started trying to get the post processor working that was built into the latest version of VCarve Pro 10.5 (called SCM Pratix P15 Arcs (mm)) as it was the better coding of the 3 options there.

After having a few goes at editing the PP a bit he was able to cut a square with 'on line' cutting option chosen and once he had changed the Z as a negative value in the SCM system (as originally it was doing up for down movements and down for up's). Unfortunately as soon as we asked it to do a square with 'outside cutting' option it mucked up the corners as it seems to be doing a negative arc.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Klabbolle
Model of CNC Machine: scm record

Post by Klabbolle »

A little bit late to the party here as well :oops: i'm looking into replace my SCM record 120 with a Pratix 12A, so I slipped in here when lookin for a postprocessor. What I thought I would comment on is the "bobbing" of router head/spindle in between cuts. Seems as SCM machines has a fixed plunge height (Z2 in Aspire setup) to which it returns after (or before?) hitting the Z2 set in Aspire. Setting Z2 to the same height (25 mm on my machine if I remember correctly) will solve this problem.
Hope this can help someone out there.

Christer

juesnh
Model of CNC Machine: Morbidelli SCM3615B

Post by juesnh »

theharveymob wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:55 pm
Hi, I'm a bit late to the party but I'm in the same situation and am frankly willing to pay for any post processor that will work with my machine. Anything to sideline Maestro! SCM in the UK swear blind they haven't heard of this so I'd quite like to tap SCM USA for this.
Could you possibly give me the contact email you used?

Thanks very much.

David
JasonbalmWCW wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:59 pm
Update: Customer service was great help in working on this, but the SCM machine and its configuration can be confusing and tweaking the post is a bit of a rabbit hole. Through this process, I found out that SCM sells a post processor this is tested and ready to go for vcarve/aspire. They created it at the end of 2019. I went ahead and purchased it ($400..grrr) Works perfectly as long as the datum is set to the lower left and top of material is Z. It also includes a SCM specific menu that pops up after saving the file to tweak offsets and adjust a few other settings before actually saving the file to your file location. The gcode files are super organized including tool notes and other info in a condensed easy to read format. Highly recommend it...but wish it wasn't $400!
David,

I'm very late to this party, we just purchased a used Morbidelli SCM3615B that is running the Maestro at the machine. Did you solve your post processor problem?

I guess I wouldn't mind going down "rabbit hole" as JasonbalmWCW mentioned, if I could actually find the rabbit hole.

Julie