Post Processor question - New Machine running on LinuxCNC

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Stompa
Model of CNC Machine: Ross CNC 60/12

Post Processor question - New Machine running on LinuxCNC

Post by Stompa »

Hi im a new member from a little country called New Zealand. Ive just bought my first CNC router & I'm so excited. Im also excited to have found Vectric software as it looks awesome to use (I'm starting with Cut2D to learn on and will be upgrading to Vcarve Pro as soon as Im confer-dent to move up)..
My main question is the machine (Craftsman CNC router) is running on LinuxCNC which is fine as I'm doing all my designing on Cut2D and then save the tooth paths in EMC2. I asked the guy who built my router which one to save it in to match up with his Machine etc and he replied with the following..

"Vectric's software are also user friendly. Use the G64 mm post processor and if possible edit the post processor so the G64 setting also include P0.25, the P0.25 tells LinuxCNC the tolerance it should work within in constant velocity mode (G64 mode)."

Now i totally understand to save it in the EMC G64mm setting. But I'm not sure about the - "if possible edit the post processor so the G64 setting also include P0.25"
I've looked at this for a few days and i can't figure out if the setting has this P0.25 already saved into the setting or do i need to edit something (if so how & what)
I would be very grateful of any help or suggestions

Many thanks for your time,
Stompa :D

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Post Processor question - New Machine running on LinuxCN

Post by Adrian »

The standard "EMC2 -G64 Arcs(mm)(*.ngc)" post processor (which sounds like the one you should be using) uses P0.03 rather than P0.25

If you want to change it have a read of the Post Processor editing guide on the Help menu in Cut2D. That will tell you all about Post Processors, where to find them and how to edit them.

Stompa
Model of CNC Machine: Ross CNC 60/12

Re: Post Processor question - New Machine running on LinuxCN

Post by Stompa »

Thanks got it all sorted now..