Has anyone used this software with a Torchmate Routermate?

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Boxersix
Model of CNC Machine: Torchmate Routermate

Has anyone used this software with a Torchmate Routermate?

Post by Boxersix »

I've downloaded the trial version of cut 2d and cut 3d to see if this software will work with my Routermate CNC that I use to cut large foam molds and plugs. It's intriguing software and I'm always looking for a more simple approach to some of the stuff I cut out here and I think this is the ticket, especially for the price.

I have messed with the software a bit but my machine is not listed in the drop down menu for the appropriate PP. So I was just curious if anyone has tested this software with success on this machine(search didn't prove fruitful)? I have downloaded the PP creator guide subforum here, but I've never made one myself and even if I did I'm not sure if it can be loaded into the trial version of the software.

I was hoping to mess around a bit this weekend with this, but missed out calling up the Vectric staff here this evening.

Thanks

-Adam

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Has anyone used this software with a Torchmate Routermate?

Post by Adrian »

As far as I can tell from their web site all the machines that Torchmate sell use their own custom control software so I would think the "Torchmate 2 (Arcs)" PP would be the right one. It's the control software that the machine runs rather than the machine itself that is the important part when choosing a PP.

The code in that PP does look like vanilla g-code though so I would think the standard g-code ones would work as well.

If you decide to try any go for an air cut and make sure you have your hand by the emergency stop button just in case.

Boxersix
Model of CNC Machine: Torchmate Routermate

Post by Boxersix »

Thanks for the quick response Adrian. Yes this machine(and all other torchmates) use a proprietary controller/motor drive box. This is connected via a USB cable to a computer where the Routermate controller software located. Operates much like most other controllers except is PC based instead of a stand alone controller. Mach 3 type setup really.

For this machine I currently have been using a program called other software(or bob crap if you prefer) as it came with a post processor already derived for the machine and allowed me to get it up and running quickly at the time. The other software software outputs the g code to a .NC file code extension, which works good, if that helps.

Where exactly did you see this "Torchmate 2 (Arcs)" post processor? I was digging around through the website and files of the program but didn't come across that. I fired off an email to the Vectric tech support so hopefully they might be able to cook something up that I can test with here.

I do appreciate the help/insight here.

mikeacg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger, Sidewinder, SB 4x4

Post by mikeacg »

I found this file: Torchmate2_arc_ATC_inch.pp

in my Aspire folder with the other PPs. Will this work for your machine (I don't know about the ATC designation on a plasma cutter as I only have a handheld)?

Mike

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

When you go to save the toolpaths in the toolpath dialog the Torchmate PP should be in the drop down list there in Cut2D.
Attachments
Capture.PNG