Shopbot ARC/MM issues.

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Shopbot ARC/MM issues.

Post by Wemme »

Hello all,
It's been a while, I have had a search for this solution but can't seem to find an answer.
I've been happily using Vcarve 4.6 for a long time even though I have Aspive 3.5

I think my cnc is a Shopbot PRT, either way I've ALWAYS been able to use the Shopbot ARC/mm post in the past without issue.

However tonight I tried to cut a job using my aspire 3.5 but the shopbot software errored on an if statement ???
which i guess from the comments is to check it is in metric mode.

I have never noticed this before in my old Vcarve 4.6 Post output.
I See there are alot more shopbot post now on aspire is there alternative i should be using?

Regards
Bart

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Re: Shopbot ARC/MM issues.

Post by BrianM »

Hi Bart,

Welcome back! The latest posts work with later versions of the ShopBot control software than the one you are using. You could either upgrade your ShopBot control software to the latest version or use the older post.

We still ship the older posts in the '02-ShopBot' folder under the PostP folder and you can copy these back into the PostP folder.

Use "File - Open Application Data Folder ..." in Aspire to open the correct PostP folder.

Brian

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Re: Shopbot ARC/MM issues.

Post by Wemme »

Thanks for your help Brian, Much appreciated as always.
Regards
Bart