Post Processor for Shapeoko 3 help needed

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
alfredom
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 xxl

Post Processor for Shapeoko 3 help needed

Post by alfredom »

Hi everybody,
i am new here, i just purchased Vcarve Pro 3 days ago and i love it, but when i went to create my first toolpath for the Shapeoko 3 XXL i could not find a post processor for it in the list; all the Shapeoko related post processors display the extension *.gcode, the Shapeoko 3 uses the extension *.nc and i don't see any that i can use with Carbide Motion.
I downloaded and installed some post processor that i find in this forum yesterday, but after unzipping and installing them, they all end up with the extension *.gcode.
I tried to use some other post processor with the extension *.nc from the list of the installed ones, but are not working and i get the message "arc end point error.

Also i have a Bit Setter and it would nice to be able to use it, instead of having to create a separate file for each tool.

One last word, i really will be not comfortable having to edit part of the software, and i believe that should exist a solution, just i did not find it.

A will appreciate your help.
Alfredo Malchiodi

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Post Processor for Shapeoko 3 help needed

Post by Adrian »

Don't know about the software you're using but most can load files with any extension. It's the contents of the file that matters not the extension.

wb9tpg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Re: Post Processor for Shapeoko 3 help needed

Post by wb9tpg »

Old versions of Carbide Motion only use the "nc" extension. Their new V5 which is very new supports "gcode" extension too.

I replied to your PM with some instructions.
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA