Siemens 828d post processor

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products

Siemens 828d post processor

Postby Mikeb » Sun May 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi all I have created a Post Processor for Vectric to create 3axis Mill output for Siemens 828d. Have tested it and it appears to work well.
As vectric does not have a coolant option (that I have found) I have set coolant "on" by default for each tool. You will need to open either the PP or the output file and remove the M8,s to turn of the coolant.
For this PP to work your Tool names in vectric must appear as, including speech marks and Capitals "TOOLNAME" ie "ENDMILL10MM"
This PP is not available in vectrics PP folder and I put in some effort to get it edited. I would like to share the file to save others the hassle.
Attachments
1Siemens828D_ATCmmv5.zip
Siemens 828d Vectric Mill post
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Mikeb

Model of CNC Machine: Microcut Challenger siemens 828d

Re: Siemens 828d post processor

Postby Gundawg » Mon May 13, 2019 1:38 am

Thank you Mike I have not gotten a PP to work. I have not invested a lot of time in it yet. I will give yours a try I need to convert it to inches but that is not too difficult. Siemens has a PP webinar scheduled for June 3rd @ 11:00 AM Pacific time I registered for it and planned to try another go at creating a PP. What machine do you have you that has the 828d control on it? Mine is a Sharp SVL-2416SE-M.

Thanks for sharing your work.
Mike
Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre IS 510/Trak Bed Mill/Sharp VMC

Re: Siemens 828d post processor

Postby Mikeb » Mon May 13, 2019 2:00 am

HI the machine is a Microcut Challenger 440. We also have Purchased Gibbscam for use on this machine. But I really like vectrics simplicity.
I have a home built machine at Home running LinuxCNC and a Laser running GRBL. So vectric works well for me.
Give the post a try with caution of cause, the tool renaming is a bit of a pain but gets easier as you generate more tools.
cheers Mike
Mikeb

Model of CNC Machine: Microcut Challenger siemens 828d

Return to Post Processors