Post Processor for Vectric Pro running on Open Builds machine

Topics related to wrapped rotary machining in Aspire or VCarve Pro
goodfoodcraig
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds C Beam XL

Post Processor for Vectric Pro running on Open Builds machine

Post by goodfoodcraig »

I need a post processor for operating on my Open Builds C-Beam XL with an Open Builds Blackbox X32 Controllor. Open builds said to state: grblHAL based machine with a proper A-Axis rotary

banana_legs
Model of CNC Machine: 2x4 XYYZZ DIY FliudNC

Re: Post Processor for Vectric Pro running on Open Builds machine

Post by banana_legs »

I use a machine based on FluidNC, but it is pretty much compatible with grblHAL. I use the following post processor that I have 'hacked' together from a number of sources, but hopefully it will be close to what you need. The pp is setup to move in X, Z and A (rather than Y Z and A).

One bit to check though in the post processor when using it on a black box machine is I do a G53G0Z0 at the start and end of the output file to ensure that I do not crash the bit into anything while the carriage is moving into position. Some machines using black-box controllers may be configured not to use limit switches (i.e. use a fake-home method), or have 'zero' set at the point of limit-switch engaging, so changing to G53G0Z-5 or another appropriate value may be needed if the machine runs into the limit switches or hits an end-stop.

Evan
Grbl_rotary (mm) (!.nc).pp
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 14 times