Extraction error

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Make projects for Aspire

Moderator: Todd Bailey

are gee
Model of CNC Machine: 3D tek heavy mill

Extraction error

Post by are gee »

Hi. once I've down loaded the clipart that comes with Aspire and try to extract I get an Error writing to file message, this happens with every clipart category at some point. Any Ideas ? running Windows 10 home.
Attachments
vetric clipart error.JPG

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Extraction error

Post by Adrian »

Assuming you're not running out of space on your drive it seems like you've got an issue with your drive to me. Open a file explorer window and right click on your C: drive, choose Properties, then tools and then click the Check button under Error checking.

Other issue might be permissions but that seems a bit odd as the clipart is written to the Public Documents folder which you should always have permission to write to.

You don't actually need to download and install the Aspire provided clipart in that way unless you're installing a computer that is offline. The clipart tab will display all the clipart you're entitled to and you can download individually as and when you want to directly from the tab.

are gee

Post by are gee »

Thanks. I do need to access off line. Is there any way to save to another Drive ? I think you've hit the nail on the head My C drive is just big enough to hold the operating system, My D drive has 400 gig of space.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Go to your portal account and log in. Select to download the current version of the software. Scroll down to the clipart section and click on the download button for each of the clipart categories. Save to a known location on your system. These are the installers that will install each category in the default public folder usually in the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Clipart" folder if you have a standard installation. These files can be copied to anywhere you like including a thumbdrive. Be sure to copy the files to the same location on the 2nd computer. As an alternate solution for your disk space shortage, you can move all on the clipart folders along with their contents to a folder on your D or data drive. On the clipatr tab in Aspire you can manage where the program looks for them..
Steve

are gee

Post by are gee »

Many thanks Steve, Ill give it a try.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

As an alternate solution for your disk space shortage, you can move all on the clipart folders along with their contents to a folder on your D or data drive
I added a symbolic link so it "looks" like the ClipArt is on C, but it actually lives on my D drive.

Code: Select all

mklink /D Link Target
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop