Tutorials

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Make projects for Aspire

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Old Gaffer
Model of CNC Machine: Cam Tech Routermaster Z7

Tutorials

Post by Old Gaffer »

I'm hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. I am trying to work my way through the tutorial on the duck panels and have come to a dead end. I guess because they were made for version 3 and I have 4 . Seems without the Add to current components feature there is another clue missing. Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

AJF
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSstandard 48x96
Location: Hamlet of Mt. Lorne outside of Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

Re: Tutorials

Post by AJF »

Since they removed the ADD feature in the create shape dialog box, in version 4 this is the method I have used to create a similar effect as shown in the tutorial. This is just an example of the procedure I would use with example dimensions:

- Job size is 11" by 9"
-Create a rectangle with the dimensions of – X – 11” and Y – 9”;
-Select this Rectangle and click on the option – Create Shape from Vectors that is available below the Modelling Tools.
-Add a Flat Shape with a Base Height of 0.5”;
-Select Apply and Close the form;
-Create another rectangle of X – 10” and Y – 8” centered inside the existing rectangle;
-Select this Rectangle and click on the option – Create Shape from Vectors that is available below the Modelling Tools;
-Add an Angular Profile with an Angle of -60 or -50 degrees, as you wish and from the Final Height area, select – Limit to Height and add a Height of 0.5”. This relief has 0 Base Height.
-Group the two reliefs as one relief and rename it as – Frame;
-Adjust the combine mode between the Frame relief and the model reliefs you are importing into the frame as having a combine mode of – Merge.

Hope that makes sense.

Old Gaffer
Model of CNC Machine: Cam Tech Routermaster Z7

Re: Tutorials

Post by Old Gaffer »

Thanks for that. I'll try it out. James has said that new tutorials have been recorded and should be out soon...