Design and Carve for Aspire 3 - Update

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Make projects for Aspire

Moderator: Todd Bailey

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Design and Carve for Aspire 3 - Update

Post by JamesB »

As you will have seen from the Vectric newsletter we have now released the updated version of the Design and Carve 1 - Wildlife Scenes Disk.

For customers who do not own the current disk you can read all about this product here: http://www.vectorart3d.com/index.cfm/DC1_Wildlife.htm - this can also be purchased through Vectric as well as VA3D. NB. This disk is only designed to work with Aspire 3 and will not work with Aspire 2.5.

For customers who already own the original version of the disk the following applies with regard to pricing to purchase the update:

Customers who purchased the DC1 disk after August 2010 will receive the updated disk for free. These have already been shipped and you should expect to receive them in the next 14 days depending on your location.

Customers who purchased the DC1 disk before August 2010 will be able to purchase the updated disk for US$50 plus S&H. We do not yet have the mechanism for processing these update orders in place but I will send a specific announcement to existing customers as soon as that is ready (hopefully today or tomorrow). I was planning to wait until we had the payment mechanism in place for updates to announce this - I can only apologize for it not being ready yet.

If you are not sure whether you qualify for a free update or not then please email us at info@vectorart3d.com

As previously stated this new disk is only for Aspire 3 users so if you have not upgraded then you should continue to work with your current disk.

The new version of the disk has a few new models included with it, both as actual content and within the tutorials. There is a new front end and tutorial order which makes it easier to navigate and improve the way the information is presented. The tutorials are all new recordings created using Aspire 3. Some are completely new tutorials - length wise we are up from 4+ hours to 7+ hours of instruction. Best thing would be to look at the PDF overview on this page to see the actual new content:
http://www.vectorart3d.com/index.cfm/DC1_Wildlife.htm.

Any specific questions can be posted here or emailed to us at info@vectorart3d.com

Thanks,
James

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: Design and Carve for Aspire 3 - Update

Post by JamesB »

If you already own the Design and Carve 1 disk you should be receiving an email from Vector Art 3D tonight with info on the updated disk (which is now available for current users to purchase). If you do not get the email then it means we do not have you tagged as an owner of the disk (or you may have changed your email). In which case you should email info@vectorart3d.com tomorrow with your details and where you purchased it from so we can get the relevant information to you.

Regards,
James

buck4
Vectric Craftsman

Post by buck4 »

Hi James,
I got a late night here working in the shop, but I will be sure to get the Update ordered tomorrow.
Regards............Buck

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

Hi James,
I got your email and ordered the update already. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks,
Mark

MikeUSNRet
Vectric Craftsman

Post by MikeUSNRet »

Oh this really bites. I just checked my original purchase email dated July 28, 2010. A mere 3 days before August :(

Just my luck. Regardless... $50 order coming soon.
STGC(SW/AW) M. Wenman USN Ret.
1982 - 2005

buck4
Vectric Craftsman

Post by buck4 »

Wow, that was fast, got my up date today, Thanks James