MACH3 users

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Re: MACH3 users

Post by gravirozo »

hi

istovall, you are right... even we don't make the rezero, the program will do, when you givethe next part position, whatever you call it, the program will rezero...
this the automated subrutincall... with g92 set zero, and older programs use the m60 to jump for the first line of the part... andstart over...

i pretty new for mach... but already what i read about it really knows a lot... for example with simple codes it repat cycles..

the g54-g59 made for different tools zero... without atc you can use also to make separated part... with one tool...

thanks
viktor

Ed Lang
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Ed Lang »

ShopBot does not allow you to create different screen layouts. Ted's feelings are that no matter what ShopBot you walk up to, you should be able to run it, or STOP it if something is wrong. I do feel that is a very valid point. I would rather use the way Mach and WinCNC seem to allow different layouts myself.

Since I learned on ShopBot, I don't know any other system. I am trying to evaluate what I want to do for the next machine as well as what the control system will be.

I agree that whatever system you use, they all seen to be doing a good job of moving the machine around!

I will see the control system on a Techno LC4896 tomorrow so I'll have another one to put in the mix after that.

Any more opinions or comments about control systems, please post them.

Ed
ShopBot PRS alpha
Corel X4
Universal Laser M-300 50W & VLS4.60 50W
Aspire2.5
Photo V-Carve

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Mach 3

Post by Wemme »

Hello, Have been locked up in the shed building a new machine.
I'm Running granite device drives and 300W servos on 5mm pitch Ball screws.

Is any one running Servos on mach 3??
Also is any one using smooth stepper usb interface for MACH 3?

I would be interested in the specs of your control machine and any issues that you may have had with
either with Mach3 or smoothstepper.

Regards
Bart

pilotjunky

Post by pilotjunky »

I run a K2 24x14 with Steppers using Mach3, the SmoothStepper and the HobbyCNC contrller board. I have a Dell Desktop running XP. The SmoothStepper is great, I've had no problems whatsoever. It's easy to install as well. I have used my laptop with the Smoothstepper at well with no problems. I'm not sure if probing has been fixed up for the smoothsteppers. I had a touch prob that was destroyed while probing with the smooth stepper, but I'm not sure of the exact cause. I was attempting to create point clouds for parts.

I also use the XBox USB controller plugin for Mach. It works with the SmoothStepper and allows me to control my machine with a hand held device. $34.

Make sure the hi/low setting for the motors is set correctly in Mach, otherwise I dicovered over the course of long jobs steps can be lost... I also had the K2 Machine tighten up on the baring causing a lock on the X Axis... a mechanical issue that cropped up over time.

Rich.
Rich Wildey

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

Hi Rich,
Cheers for your reply. Are you using two motors on the X axis similar to the large shop bots?
Regards
Bart

pilotjunky

Post by pilotjunky »

Just one motor per Axis...

Here is a link to my machine... http://www.k2cnc.com/shop/proddetail.as ... -09&cat=26

Rich.
Rich Wildey

jhop
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Post by jhop »

Go to http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/videos.php
The tutorial videos are excellent.
I think you will be amazed what this controller can do for the cost.

Jim

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

ed and all, i had some time with mach yesterday, the fellows at camaster are using it on a smaller machine that is being geared to the retail market, it was smooth and did the job, i asked a lot of questions and gained better clarification of the differences in it and wincnc,

the largest difference and most important to me was the computer stability relationship while running a file, mach uses the computers proccessor to run and wincnc has a mother and daughter board to run, with wincnc i can stick in a usb call up fill and off i go. with mach if the stick is disturbed the file will go haywire, obviously one would want to load the file to the hard drive. with wincnc i can function on that computer while files are running in the background, internet, live support, chatting on forums and making files. in my industrial use that is the kicker for me.

in all other areas mach did exactly what it is supposed to do and feature wise is comprable.

i like my wincnc pn my business machines, i have another that i think will go to georgia to day to be completed, i will probably have them use mach on it so i can learn it better, i am sure the camaster fellows can put it on any machine but i am glad we had wincnc for my initial purchases.

jim
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

Cheers Jim,
They are good videos.
Bart

jhop wrote:Go to http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/videos.php
The tutorial videos are excellent.
I think you will be amazed what this controller can do for the cost.

Jim

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello

i was a fanatic for dos controller, as it simple and works on everyway very well, also for dos controller don't need supercomputer...

but... with mach i've got continous velocity... and this takes stepper very close to servos... also i don't have to reboot the computer but i can run the router... and just open up vectric and make the next toolpath...
i really don't want back to dos..

and for james... i think in a bussines a computer can be ordered to a router... i bought my computer for 100... and it hsa 2gig mem, installed win xp, with serialnumber.... and 40 gig harddrive... the processor 2.4 ghz...
so i think a bussiness can afford a machine separated... the wincnc cost a lot with this extra motherboard... on that money available to buy a complete configuration... plus two mach license...
and it really drive steppers like it would be servos..
also there's a lot gcode command works under mach... so i think for this money...

thanks
viktor

mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis homebuilt

Post by mboydraska »

I have a question about Mach3, I have been using it for a few years all of a sudden my CV has stopped working. Has anyone experience this? I can change all the settings and nothing happens. Sure is messing up my work.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike