noob try try...

KevTN
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity Woodworker Elite

noob try try...

Post by KevTN »

Hello,

Finally got my new CNC, Millright Carve King 2. Using UGS for post processing. After fixing some binding issues I was going to run a file I created without a drill bit to make sure everything was working as it should but...(I am working with MIllright to troubleshoot my X Y limiters)

I can move the gantry as it should using the jog in the UGS. I can manually 'home' it, zero, move the gantry and it will return as expected. When I load a file that is where things go sideways. I am using Vectric 11.5 Desktop. I configured and download their setup and loaded it in the UGS picking grbl inches.

When I go to load the file into UGS it appears to load correctly with the tool paths but when I hit play instead of moving to the center of the project it goes to the lower left (home) for the starting point. regardless of if I leave it at 'home (LL)' or jog to the middle the gantry goes to the lower left and grinds the gears.

The file below is what I was trying to run. To get it to upload I changed the extension from .tap to .jpg.

I'm open to any suggestions and I hope i made sense trying to describe my issue...

Thank you

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: noob try try...

Post by Adrian »

Where did you set the XY Datum Position in VCarve when you created the job? The default is the lower left.

KevTN
Vectric Apprentice

Post by KevTN »

I did leave it in the Lower Left and I set home to lower left.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

KevTN wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:43 pm
The file below is what I was trying to run. To get it to upload I changed the extension from .tap to .jpg.
It didn’t upload. Try changing the extension from TAP to TXT.

Also, it is possible that in the GRBL post processor there is hard-coded a command to go to the home position (lower left in your CRV file).

KevTN
Vectric Apprentice

Post by KevTN »

Thank you Adze_cnc

Lets try this...
Attachments
KeJam.txt
Tooth path file
(30.58 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

KevTN wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:54 pm
I did leave it in the Lower Left and I set home to lower left.
Ok, I'm missing something here then. You say it's not going to the centre of the project but is going to the lower left. Why would expect it to go the centre if you're setting VCarve and the machine to a lower left origin/home?

The first movement in your file is to X0 Y0 which is the bottom left.
Attachments
file.jpg

KevTN
Vectric Apprentice

Post by KevTN »

First one I have done...I was under the impression that where you picked the origin is home and then it would know where the center is off of that. I guess I need to set it up for the middle. and redo the paths.

Thank you....glad I didn't have the router and bit going LOL.