Spoil Board

Jimmac
Model of CNC Machine: sd100

Spoil Board

Post by Jimmac »

I am building a new Onefinity Woodworler 50. It will cut 32.75 x 32.75. I have laid out a 32 x 32 spoil board. i have Vectric VCarve Desktop which only goes to 24 x 24, so I bought an old copy of Aspire 9.5, and figured I could buy a Spoil board program from Etsy, that would go to 32 x 32. So far so good. Well the program I bought was written with Aspire V11.xx and won't fit with my Aspire 9.5.
NOW, I don't have any idea on how to write a program to surface my spoil board. or if any other spoil board programs on Etsy will work with Aspire 9.5
Thanks for any help or suggestions on my problem. :(

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: Spoil Board

Post by TReischl »

You do not need to buy any programs to surface a spoilboard.

Watch tutorials on cutting pockets. That is all a spoilboard surfacing program is.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 11.554

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

Jimmac wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:29 pm
. It will cut 32.75 x 32.75. I have laid out a 32 x 32 spoil board. i have Vectric VCarve Desktop which only goes to 24 x 24, so I bought an old copy of Aspire 9.5,…
I had the same problem “24x24” for awhile (until upgrading to Vcarve Pro). I used my gcode sender “gSender” by Sienci to cut my spoil board. It has a function that does just that. Available at the following link:

https://sienci.com/gsender/

By the way, your spoil board size is really close to your machine limits, so you better be careful about getting that close.
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

RickW3DS
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: LongMill 30x30

Post by RickW3DS »

Yep, don't buy any "programs" for surfacing, it's just a big pocket. I also use gSender for my grbl based machine.
As a side note, I never have surfaced my entire spoil board. I only surface the jigs that are attached to it with a 0.005" depth of cut.