How To Delay Cutting Until Bit Spins Up?

dmvolz
Model of CNC Machine: Velox 5050

How To Delay Cutting Until Bit Spins Up?

Post by dmvolz »

When I start a Vectric toolpath, the spindle moves to the start of the toolpath and starts cutting before it reaches speed. Is there a way to insert a permanent command in the Post Processor to delay cutting until the spindle reaches speed? I know I could do this in Mach III but I don't want to have to do this individually for every toolpath.

I an using Aspire, (G Code (inch) (*.tap)) Post Processor, Mach III, and have a Velox CNC.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: How To Delay Cutting Until Bit Spins Up?

Post by adze_cnc »

The post processor could be modified to the appropriate g-code for Mach3 to pause until the spindle comes up to speed.

I believe that code is:

Code: Select all

g4 p<n>
where <n> is replaced by either a number of seconds or milliseconds depending on how things are setup in the Mach3 configuration. If Machi3 is set to interpret the P as seconds you might use something like:

Code: Select all

g4 p10
to wait 10 seconds.

Something that I'm curious about: if your machine runs Mach3 why not use the Mach3 post processor rather than a generic g-code one?

dmvolz
Model of CNC Machine: Velox 5050

Post by dmvolz »

I was hoping there was something I could do in Aspire one time but guess it has to be programmed in Mach III. I'll do some more research.

Regarding the generic post processor. Good question. I can't remember why I picked that. May be Velox suggested it or may be too many iterations of Mach III post processors and didn't know which one to use. But I've had the machine set up this way for over three years with no problems so.....

Thanks for your help!

martindg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity X-50 Woodworker

Post by martindg »

Look at the post processor editing guide. You can easily add the G4 P# code to your post processor template so its included in every tool path you generate