Mach4, Win10, and no microscope support

Gasawdust
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AVID 48x48

Mach4, Win10, and no microscope support

Post by Gasawdust »

Am a hobbyist Aspire user on an Avid CNC using their plug and play controls. I “upgraded?” To Mach4 from M3 about a year ago and not really sold on M4. Under M3 i used a Supereyes microscope and their software for calibration and XY zero setting. It worked fine as a plug-in to M3.
I have bumped into various inexplicable bugs in M4 causing sudden limit crashes, system shut downs, freezes, etc.with no apparent traceable pattern of failure.

Now to the thrust of my post.
There is no plug-in for microscopes in M4
I have scoured the internet and this forum looking for a workable solution to be able to use my Supereyes microscope under M4 WITH an imposed crosshairs reticle to make it usable for the aforesaid purposes of calibration and xy zero setting.
The ONLY way I have found so far is to run M3 and M4 simultaneously and have M3 with the microscope plug-in in the background while actually using M4. I know it sounds crazy but it worked so I could recalibrate my machine after an M4 crash.

There’s got to be another solution and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I feel somewhat foolish for posting this but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Thanks,
Tom

Solomani
Model of CNC Machine: cnc parts

Re: Mach4, Win10, and no microscope support

Post by Solomani »

Bumping this question by Gasawdust. I also have been using M3 and a microscope to find and zero my xy coordinates. a very useful feature. While I can get the microscope video to work in M4, I also have not been able to find some kind of imposed crosshairs or reticle. Any updates from anyone since last year?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It would be better to ask these questions on a Mach or supereyes forum. Only a subset of users here use Mach4 and a subset of those would use the microscope.

Gasawdust
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AVID 48x48

Post by Gasawdust »

Bumping again
I have searched high and low for the answer (yes Adrian I have looked at forums, faqs, etc. outside the Vectric domain) but still cannot find a solution.
Using the combination of Mach3 and Mach4 is not a good solution.
Anyone here have a decent solution other than reverting back to Mach3 permanently?

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

You might look into Centroid.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop