Software/Computer ?

mtr20
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Software/Computer ?

Post by mtr20 »

Not sure if this is the right place for this question. Can I run Vectric Desktop Pro on two computers. Is the license for only one computer. I have it on a laptop in garage but want to design on larger desktop computer in house. If I'm able to, how do I download it?

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: SOFTWARE/COMPUTER ?

Post by adze_cnc »

Vectric FAQ page has answer: https://www.vectric.com/support/switching-to-vectric

and I quote:
Vectric's license allows any of our software programs to be installed on up to 3 PC's for a single user.

If access to any one of the computers is shared with work colleagues, or anyone who is likely to access the software, then the software must only be installed onto one computer.

We have many users who have the software installed on their main design pc, the computer attached to their CNC and a laptop. As long as these three systems are only used by the same single user, this is completely legal.

mtr20
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Post by mtr20 »

Great, thanks. how do I download it. Im still having issues downloading clip art into version 11. Once it downloads to the computer it prompts me to find an app. starting to get frustrating. Vectric support is non existent

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Software/Computer ?

Post by Adrian »

How are you downloading the clipart? If you're trying to access it from the clipart tab then it will connect to your account using your default browser to verify your details.

You can also download the clipart directly from your V&CO account in the same way that you download the installer for the actual program.

jfederer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

Post by jfederer »

mtr20 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:34 am
Vectric support is non existent
Based on the time stamp of your post, I suggest that expecting instant tech support at 03:30 (middle of the night their local time) is perhaps a bit optimistic?
Joe Federer

www.fabrikisto.com incl. Tailmaker software
www.federer.ca