Finding individual toolpaths within Mach3.

ozymax
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built cnc router using Masso G3.

Finding individual toolpaths within Mach3.

Post by ozymax »

I have a rather large toolpath file that was generated in Aspire.
Unfortunately I've lost the original drawing, but still have the TXT file for the job.
This file is made up of several lengthy toolpaths, as they all use the same cutter.
Today I simply wanted to run one of the toolpaths within this file instead of going to the trouble of recalculating another file.
Does anyone know of a way to quickly locate where a specific toolpath starts within the long Gcode?
Is there a way to have the toolpath header highlighted in the list, say with another colour or bold type, so it's easier to find?
code.jpg
Could the PP be modified in any way to make this possible?
I can see that I can search within the text file, but I'd like to do it in the Mach3 screen and simply use the "Run from here" function.
Any suggestions?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Finding individual toolpaths within Mach3.

Post by Adrian »

You can put all sorts of information into the post processor such as the toolpath name, tool name, number, material thickness, z-zero setting etc etc. The full list of variables is available in the Post Processor editing guide on the Help menu.

Displaying any of that in a different colour would be a function of your control software rather than the post processor. That would be setup by embedding sequences in the post processor output or detecting certain strings depending on how your control software works.

ozymax
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built cnc router using Masso G3.

Re: Finding individual toolpaths within Mach3.

Post by ozymax »

Thanks for your input Adrian.
I'll see if I can add some more information into the PP.