Computer crash

lloydca
Model of CNC Machine: LT-6090 cnc router

Computer crash

Post by lloydca »

i'am having a problem, after computer crash. The spindle can be turned on using keyboard control F6 or button in the software, but won't turn on using MO3 command as a G code command. Pretty sure I just don't have something set right, but can't figure out what.

Mach 3: Version R3.043.062
spindle uses PMW using a Leafbay 77 3/4 controller card

Any help pointing me in the wright direction would be helpful.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Computer crash

Post by Leo »

I don't know how you are generating the code but m - oh - 3 MO3 will not work

The correct code is M - zero - 3 M03 "should" work if all is well in your machine.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

lloydca

Post by lloydca »

Sorry I'm using M03. TYP. line reads
S12000M03, to set speed and start the spindle, But for some reason the spindle won't start. If i run a G=code file the XY&Z axes move just no spindle.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

I am unfamiliar with your machine and setup. I have a Chinese 6040 machine and I had a similar situation which everything was working execpt the spindle would not turn on. It happened after I had a slight accident and a fuse popped in my controller. Apparently somehow I lost one of the settings in the controller itself. I followed the directions of setting the controller's codes and presto... worked again. Not sure this will help, but it is worth looking into....

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

A lot of people have issues with the M3 macro becoming corrupt and not working. You might want to try deleting it and creating a new one.
I don't have a copy of Mach3 handy, but I think the macro is just:

DoSpin(CW)

(Check before deleting it.)
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

lloydca

Post by lloydca »

Okay everything is up and running. Special thank to ger21.
No script in M03 or spindle speed. I remember skimming through what each M code is used for, but don't remember every reading anything about being able to edit the macros. Guess I just thought they magically made stuff work. You all are awesome and thanks for the help.