Help For Mach 3 Issue

Rik
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Help For Mach 3 Issue

Post by Rik »

Despite my electronic ignorance, I cede that, I have it on trusted friend that F5 on the keyboard is what I was looking for.
I will try that, since I don't know the merits of extra boards and stuff I'll take the lower road. Thanks to all for the comments and educational information.

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

F5 is Spindle Start/Stop in Mach3.

But it's not going to do anything the way you have it wired, except maybe blow up your board.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Rik
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Rik »

O.K. ger21, I know that you know a lot about this stuff and can be trusted, so;
Do you really think F5 will severely damage my system and if so what do I do to stop that from happening?
I have the power supply that has the receptacle for a speed control that came with the spindle, can you suggest a wiring diagram
for safe, no smoke, operation of what I am attempting to do?
I can use all the help I can get. Thanks :oops:

ger21
Vectric Wizard

Post by ger21 »

Post a pic of your power supply terminals. The more information, the better.
The spindle should be wired to the spindle power supply, not the driver board as your schematic showed.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

It's not actually the F5 command that will cause any damage but the way you currently have the spindle wired, if you have the other power supply that already has a way of controlling the speed then that will mean you don't have to buy additional hardware. Bit more detail on that power supply is really needed for anyone to be able to tell you how to wire it up.
Just remember that 0.1 - 0.2 amps can kill you which is why I made the first post, DC is actually worse than AC because AC throws you off while DC holds you on & even though you may think you are safe because it is low voltage it is still enough to do the job.

Rik
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Rik »

ger21 I don't know if this is helpful but this is what I received from the seller in reply to an email message I sent asking for documentation.
Product Description Spindle Motor.pdf
(27.04 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
As far as the supply terminal they are as follows; Line in, Neutral, Ground, three V+ lugs, three V- lugs. On the circuit board proper, just off to one side, is the receptacle for the speed control potentiometer. That is all I got with it.
Now I know I shouldn't think this but, I assume that, because there are three sets of positive and , negative lugs I can power up to three things totaling 4 Amps. I almost know that assumption is WRONG !!!. I had the speed knob connected when I first tested the motor and it worked fine through all speed ranges.
Maybe this is too obvious but, how hard is it to just run the spindle manually and turn it on just before I run cycle in Mach 3??? I hope I have added the right kind of information for you to help me.

ger21
Vectric Wizard

Post by ger21 »

My recommendation would be to plug the pot back into the power supply, and control the spindle manually.

Yes, the 3 terminals are for attaching multiple devices, but stick with the spindle only.

Rik
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Rik »

Since I made the last post I guessed that would be the simplest solution. I was shooting for the ideal set up, all automatic. It seems much easier to go manual in my case. I'm not as well versed as I should be concerning electronic circuitry. Thanks to all for the kind comments and suggestions, they were well appreciated.

lloydca
Model of CNC Machine: LT-6090 cnc router

Post by lloydca »

i'am having a problem, after computer crash. The spindle can be turned on using keyboard control F6 or button in the software, but won't turn on using MO3 command as a G code command. Pretty sure I just don't have something set right, but can't figure out what.

Mach 3: Version R3.043.062
spindle uses PMW using a Leafbay 77 3/4 controller card

Any help pointing me in the wright direction would be helpful.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Yet another Microsoft update causing problems with Mach3 (don't have Mach4).
Update KB4524147 caused my Mach3 to show errors with Plugin DLLs stating they were corrupt and needed to be reloaded. Nothing worked.
I uninstalled the KB4524147 update and all is well....
John
Maker of Chips

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

highpockets wrote:Yet another Microsoft update causing problems with Mach3 (don't have Mach4).
Update KB4524147 caused my Mach3 to show errors with Plugin DLLs stating they were corrupt and needed to be reloaded. Nothing worked.
I uninstalled the KB4524147 update and all is well....
Boy Howdy!

A really irritating thing is that I have my machine computer set up so that it will not update. What is irritating is that the computer also has internet access. Which means that it is NOT getting the latest security updates. Grrrrrr!!!! I have to get on the stick and add another computer out here so that I can do internet stuff safely and not put machine operation in jeopardy.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns