Problem with clean up 2nd pass

droutt
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Mako

Problem with clean up 2nd pass

Post by droutt »

I am using a Shark Mako machine. When I do a second run on a file for cleanup purposes the tool path is running the 2nd run about 1/32 of an inch off in the direction of the Y+ axis. I have check the clamped downs and even marked the work piece on the table to make sure the work piece has not moved. It has stayed in the same position so I know the piece is stable. Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening? It has just started doing this on my last two projects. All indicators on the Control software show the return to 0,0,0 when the project finishes. I don't know if this is a hardware or software issue.

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Re: Problem with clean up 2nd pass

Post by PaulRowntree »

At the end of the run, when the indicators say it is at 0,0,0 : is it really there or is it off by 1/32" ? If it is off then you have lost steps somewhere, and I doubt it has anything to do with first and second passes. Try repeating cutting air instead of wood and see if the error persists. Probably too fast for the machine?
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com

droutt
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Mako

Re: Problem with clean up 2nd pass

Post by droutt »

Thanks for the reply Paul. I figured out what the issue was after talking to Rocklers tech support. The Y axis servo screw drive had loosened with some play in the connector. After resetting and retightening the shaft connector the problem was solved. Thanks again.