Lubricating the screws and runners

Songweaver1
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha FX

Lubricating the screws and runners

Post by Songweaver1 »

I noticed a little squeaking today when I fired up my Next Wave Piranha. I hadn't considered oiling the machine but that sure makes sense after as many hours as I have been running this puppy. Any tips on how and what to use to get the job done right?
BTW... I want to thank everyone that has contributed to my education about CNC. I have learne d a great deal in this past year and I don't want that to go unnoticed. Thank you guys for your invaluable information and patience with this novice. Blessings.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: LUBRICATING THE SCREWS AND RUNNERS

Post by martin54 »

Have you checked the owner's manual for the machine? I would expect any maintenance that should be carried out to be listed in there or maybe the shark forum where everyone will be using the same Brand machine :lol: :lol:

My machines are all really old & there are no manuals so I just made up my own maintenance schedule but that doesn't mean I am doing things correctly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Instructions on the manufacturers site - https://nextwaveautomation.zendesk.com/ ... and-before

Don't know if that's the exact model you have but the principles would be the same I would think.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

One good thing to remember

One ounce of prevention is worth one pound of cure

PM - stands for Preventative Maintenance.

The like Adrain posted is great.

Do more than that.
At least once per year - SUPER clean the entire machine, check and replace belts, gears, etc. Check all electrical connections. Check screws nuts bolts. Check, resurface sacrificial table. Check and renew anything I did not mention.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC