Router on/off

Jay.Stafford
Model of CNC Machine: Powermatic 2x4

Router on/off

Post by Jay.Stafford »

35 yr. carpenter new to the cnc wood working.
I've a new Powermatic 2x4 machine set up ready to run. I've setup material tool and spindle speed and downloaded project to flash drive and there is no router turn on/off in the G code. it will run through all tool pathways but doesn't turn on/off router. Any thoughts out there?.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Router on/off

Post by martin54 »

Needs to be set up within your machine control software plus the post processor you are using would need to contain the commands to turn on & off the spindle. You can edit the post processor yourself if you are able, not something I have ever had to do but there is a Vectric guide that covers it :lol: :lol:

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Router on/off

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Does your machine have a router or a spindle? If it has a spindle, then it should be capable of controlling the on/off and rpm speeds. It would be best to contact the manufacturer to find out how to do it. If it's a router, you may be able to control on and off if the controller has the capability but, it's doubtful it will be able to control the rpm . Again, that is a question for the manufacturer of the machine.
Steve