Powermatic U Disk

Jrasmussen
Model of CNC Machine: Powermatic 2x2

Powermatic U Disk

Post by Jrasmussen »

I have a Powermatic 2x2 CNC in my classroom I am trying to get operational. I inherited this machine from a previous teacher, and as you may know Powermatic has basically no support.

I am trying to buy a U Disk as stated in the manual for how to transfer files. Google knows what a UDisk is, but trying to buy one yields only flash drives. If I cannot buy a U Disk, does this make my brand new never used Powermatic a useless pile?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a U Disk? Anyone have experience with a Powermatic? Please help.

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Re: Powermatic U Disk

Post by AboveCreations »

Jrasmussen wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:59 am
I have a Powermatic 2x2 CNC in my classroom I am trying to get operational. I inherited this machine from a previous teacher, and as you may know Powermatic has basically no support.

I am trying to buy a U Disk as stated in the manual for how to transfer files. Google knows what a UDisk is, but trying to buy one yields only flash drives. If I cannot buy a U Disk, does this make my brand new never used Powermatic a useless pile?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a U Disk? Anyone have experience with a Powermatic? Please help.
google can be your friend... from the Powermatic manual: "U disk – External data storage device that is inserted into a USB interface. Work origin (or work...."

so basically yes, it is just a simple thumb drive. And many online stores are still selling the Powermatic 2x2. So I imagine it is still supported.

rig gap
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built aluminum and steel 3 X 4 CNC

Post by rig gap »

Powermatic CNC is the same machine as an Axiom of the same size...Axiom does have an active owners group.

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

Jrasmussen wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:59 am
As stated above, AXIOM and Powermatic are similarly built machines painted different colors. The AXIOM"s have used various iterations of the RichAuto controller (B11, B18, B58) along with some versions of the HUST controller. Some non-US machines and the "I2R" branded versions use UCCNC controllers. You will need to know which controller you are using when you ask for support.

I have seen posts in the past on the AXIOM forum where users have suggested downloading the Powermatic manual online as it was more comprehensive than the AXIOM version of the time.

JPW Tool Group, the parent company of Powermatic, has purchased AXIOM Precision so I would assume that the support for both brands will remain strong.

Do you have the Powermatic manual?
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com