Y axis going the wrong way

Clockman
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home made/Linear rails/1605 Screw-drive

Y axis going the wrong way

Post by Clockman »

I don't know what I have done wrong but my Y axis is going the wrong way when homing, it should go to the front of the machine but is going towards the back, any idea what is wrong

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Y axis going the wrong way

Post by adze_cnc »

I’m not sure how this is VCarve related but here are a few thoughts:
  • you’ve reverse the polarity of the stepper motor
  • you’ve reversed the axis in you control software
  • you’ve set the y-home to be the far end of the machine

Clockman
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Clockman »

Thank you adze
It is a software issue, this machine, I built myself, but before that, I had an X-carve from Inventables, I am still using the controller from that machine
I had to strip it down to put it on a new torsion bench, it was too heavy and awkward to move as one unit, and when I rewired it and checked it was all working perfectly, except for the relay switch which did not turn the spindle on when I pressed send,
I remembered that on the Inventables website there was a way to check different parts of the machine, and it was while doing that the problem happened, it somehow changed the settings in GBRL but I can't seem to access GBRL and if I could I don't know what the settings should be

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Are you sure it changed the settings or have you mixed up the stepper motor wires?
One other thing to check if you have homing switches that are wired in series is that ALL the axis switches are clear :lol: :lol:
If one of them is faulty or still closed then the axis that is trying to home will drive away from the homing switch trying to clear the switch even if it's another axis that is causing the problem :lol: :lol:
No idea what controller your using but there may be a screen where you have LED's showing the state of various inputs :lol: :lol:

Clockman
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Clockman »

Thank you Martin, it is not a wiring issue, it was all working perfectly except the relay switch, also on the Inventables website I had the option to check all the homing switches (they turn green when clicked by hand) and all are wired properly, it is a GBRL problem I will contact Inventables in the morning, they are in the USA but are very helpful