2.2KW 110V VFD with watercooled spindle

Rick1
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity Woodworker

2.2KW 110V VFD with watercooled spindle

Post by Rick1 »

I have a Onefonity woodworker CNC with a Mikita router. I am upgrading the Mikita to a 220KW 110V Huanyang VFD with a water cooled spindle. I originally purchased a Huanyang 110V 400W VFD with water cooled spindle and had to return it due to a defective VFD.
I than purchased a Huanyang 2.2 KW 110V VFD with a watercooled spindle.The instruction manual on this is hard to read and hard to understand for me.
Can anyone advise the proper wiring for the 2.2KW system if it is diffefferent then the 400W VFD. I wired the new 2.2KW VFD the same way and I also need to understand the programing on the 2.2 KW VFD. Could someone who understands the installation and programing of the 2.2KW VFD, partial or complete information please advise me on how may I could get this information so I can get my system up and running properly. I do appreciate any information you may have - Thank You!

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: 2.2KW 110V VFD with watercooled spindle

Post by martin54 »

Google is your friend, just google Huanyang VFD set up & you will get loads of hits, lots of youtube videos & a lot of info on the mach support forum as well covering what settings need to be changed on the VFD, are you leaving it as the VFD controlling things fully or are you setting it up with your control software starting & stopping & controlling spindle speed? If by software then you will probably need some extra hardware. :lol: :lol:
I have the wiring diagram somewhere but you will find it online quicker :lol:

slowoodworker
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNCRouterparts Benchtop Pro

Re: 2.2KW 110V VFD with watercooled spindle

Post by slowoodworker »

I have that same spindle. There is indeed a fair bit of info on the web. If you have the Huanyang instruction booklet, it has all the proper settings in it, though the English is not the best. I found that as I went through the settings, everything was already set correctly.
I found some good info at the CNC Zone (?) forum. The settings for the 110v spindle are almost the same as the 220v unit--save for the voltage settings.
I run the VFD from the front panel rather than from the Mach 3 software. Your Onefinity probably has specific software for your machine; if you want to control the spindle through the software, a Onefinity user group would be the place to look for that.
I've been very pleased with the 110v spindle to this point. I don't sense any loss of power (torque?) as it cuts -- which was a concern when I bought it.
You will love the quiet. :D