malfunctioning CNC

dynamite181
Model of CNC Machine: pirahna fx, Millwright mega V XXL

malfunctioning CNC

Post by dynamite181 »

i started out with a piranha FX CNC and V carve 9 about 4 years ago, then eventually I upgraded to aspire 11. in the last 6 months i have purchased 2 larger CNC's a Mega V 35" x 35" and a Mega V 50" x 50", both by Millwright CNC. my issues are as follows

1) even on 1/8" Baltic birch the machine will jump off the homing settings approximately 2" after a first project is started.

2) i keep losing my tool data base and must re do them for each project,

3) if using thicker wood than the Baltic Birch the machines will do a rough in pass completely then after doing a bit change to do the first
of 4 finish passes with a 1/8" ball nose bit it will either go to the opposite end from start point, and start running the project in revers of
what I have the rough in done in.

4) V-transfer will only do a homing cycle and shut down the machine, UGS (supplied by manufacturer of machine) preforms the above
things.

How do I correct these issues? these issues have caused me to ruin approximately 30 board feet of prime Red Oak and i do not wish to ruin any more.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: malfunctioning CNC

Post by Leo »

Have you contacted Millright?

Have you asked questions on the Millright forum

www.millrightcnc.proboards.com
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

dynamite181
Model of CNC Machine: pirahna fx, Millwright mega V XXL

Re: malfunctioning CNC

Post by dynamite181 »

i have sent them a message requesting help last Wednesday no one has returned any instrucyions as to how to solve this issue to me