SSD Failure

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440,TaigCNCMill,Dellta3003d, Epilog

SSD Failure

Post by TSM2018 »

My SSD is intermittently not readable; I've backed up specific files, and did another redundant backup of c:\
I'm using Windows 10. My computer is probably 5-6 years old... I took the lid off, and there was hardly no dust inside the small desktop case so was pleased that it wasn't a dust issue; I've never had a reason to look at he innards before.

I have Aspire on my desktop at home and my laptop when I'm mobile and participating in classes or user groups, but don't think it is fair that I have to use my last install for my SSD failure. What are my options please?

My plan was to clone my harddrive and move everything to the new hard-drive; and will purchase one this weekend, if this lasts long enough. I think I only have enough room in this computer for a SSD.

Thanks -

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: SSD Failure

Post by Rcnewcomb »

but don't think it is fair that I have to use my last install for my SSD failure. What are my options please?
Install Aspire on the new system. You can have it on 3 different computers. There isn't an installation-counter.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

SSD's have a limited number of read/write cycles available so they have a finite life. There should be software that came with the PC or drive to show how much life is left. 6 years is a bit shorter than average but it depends on how you use it.

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman

Post by TSM2018 »

Thank you for the replies, I will work on replacing my SSD upon receipt of new drive. I did not realize at the time of purchase that SSDs have a limited number of read/write cycles - and don't recall this in the fine print from Dell Computer. My desktop is used daily.... I will have to check my laptop's hardware too.

RJ, I do not like subscriptions and counters; and in the last 36 hours two of us at work have wasted 3 hours 25 minutes trying to update Intuit's QBs Desktop Pro payroll subscription.... so this experience is clouding my perspective with software. I do really appreciate my Vectric Aspire software and specifically appreciate it is a lifetime supported purchase.

Aspire is used for 'playtime' !

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman

Post by TSM2018 »

Switching my hard drive was very easy to manage, a tech miracle, that I didn't even have to read anything, The Samsung replacement came with a little picture booklet. I logged into my Vectric Aspire Account, and then downloaded the upgrade, and there is a lot of clip art files listed there. Are these included in the first link, or do I have to download the entire list of xx additional downloads?

Happy Designs to everyone! The weather is going to be nice this weekend, where the shop won't be so hot and uncomfortable, I'm determined to watch my CNC router cut something out!

Thanks!