Pendant controller

JDMARKOW
Model of CNC Machine: SHARK SD100

Pendant controller

Post by JDMARKOW »

Having problem not all my files on my thumb drive are showing on my pendant controller under usb. Anyone got a reason or an answer for this?

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: Pendant controller

Post by scotttarnor »

The only files that will show up on the pendant are the .tap files, when you plug into your computer do you see the files that are missing on the pendant? Are you sure you are saving them to the thumb drive ?
Scott T

@scottscnc

JDMARKOW

Post by JDMARKOW »

Yes Scott I see them on the computer from the flash drive and can run them with ready to control but they do not show up on the pendant when I plug in the flash drive to the USB.

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard

Post by scotttarnor »

I have not run in to this problem but whenever I run into problems with a thumb drive the first thing I do is reformat the drive, If I continue having issues with it I trash the drive.

Have you tried a different thumb drive?

Maybe reach out to Nextwave for assistance.
Scott T

@scottscnc

PRO4824
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AVID PRO4824

Post by PRO4824 »

Try rebooting everything first.👍
Isaiah 41-10

JDMARKOW

Post by JDMARKOW »

I did a reformat on flash drive and saved all my files back on it. I checked all the files to made sure they were .tap files but some of them still do not show up on the pendant controller. They are on the thumb drive and show on my desktop and can be run from ready to control. Any more advice in what I can do?

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard

Post by scotttarnor »

I would email mailto:support@nextwavecnc.com and see what they recommend.
Scott T

@scottscnc

JDMARKOW

Post by JDMARKOW »

Thanks Scott I have a e-mail off to them and hope they can answer this. I still can not get my laser to work on photos and have e-mailed and talked on the phone with 2 different techs and still not able to use laser for photos. They were not very helpful.

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard

Post by scotttarnor »

I was wondering does the pendant have a file size limit ? Are the files you cannot see larger than the ones you can see ?

Does your laser work at all ? I have the 2 watt and just started working with it again trying to find the best settings and learn how the settings effect the out come.
Scott T

@scottscnc

JDMARKOW

Post by JDMARKOW »

As far as I know it does not have a file size limit. The file size I can see are different size and are small from 3.5x3.5 to large 8.5x12. None of the files I can not are in the same range. Yes my laser did work to do the shark logo tap file and it did work on a photo but did not etch the photo see attachment.
Attachments
laser pic of dolly.jpg

JDMARKOW

Post by JDMARKOW »

This is the photo it was etching.
Attachments
Dolly.jpeg

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard

Post by scotttarnor »

By file size I was referring to memory size of the tap file, I know I have read on the forum some other machines have limits. Are the ones that don’t show up any larger in memory size than the ones that do, my tap files generally range from 26K to 60,000K.

Did the dog burn show correctly in the Tool path preview, did the laser fire when you attempted to burn it? Did you use the same PP as the Shark Logo that did burn.
If you would like I could try your file on my machine, as long as your not using the laser module I have not purchased that.
Scott T

@scottscnc

JDMARKOW

Post by JDMARKOW »

The largest file I can see is 6.55MB. None of the files I can't are not any bigger. Dog did not show in preview just the lines you see in the pic I sent. Yes the laser fired it burned the pattern you see. Yes used same PP. Tool path was Quick Engrave. I use a 2W Next Wave Laser and it does not support Vectric laser module picture tool path. If you can use the photo to try on your machine go ahead.