Next Wave Sharks- No homing??? Other CNC suggestions?

kristenanne77
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShapeOko 2

Next Wave Sharks- No homing??? Other CNC suggestions?

Post by kristenanne77 »

I built a few ShapeOkos and was thinking about a little less hassle free machine. Not that i don't mind tweaking here and there but was thinking about something a little (or a lot) less time consuming. When I saw the next wave virtual zero software, I was immediately interested in "not having to plane down" every thing that needs fine detail. The absolute top of my budget was for the HD 510. I was close to buying one but found out they do not have homing. This is crazy. Many times with longer jobs I would shut down the machine for a bit change and return later to finish and homing is critical for me to make sure I start at the same reference point.
Does anyone who owns a next wave machine feel this way? Any regrets? Or how do you deal with this homing problem?
Other CNC suggestions welcome. But my budget is tight (and so is my workspace).

Thanks
K

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: Next Wave Sharks- No homing??? Other CNC suggestions?

Post by scotttarnor »

The Ready to Control software that came with my Shark has a home function, Here is a link to the manual for the new software. Page 45 for home.
http://cncshark.com/downloads/Ready2Con ... Manual.pdf

I believe(not 100% sure) that it was added with the new virtual zero unlimited.

Even before this if I was stopping my piranha and shutting it down I would just "move to X,Y Zero" and park it there, I am new to this CNC thing, Just hit one year since firing up my first machine. I am happy with both my machines from next wave.
Scott T

@scottscnc

kristenanne77
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShapeOko 2

Re: Next Wave Sharks- No homing??? Other CNC suggestions?

Post by kristenanne77 »

Thanks. I will look at manual.

K