problems with circles not cutting circular

bigfred
Model of CNC Machine: oozenest workbee

problems with circles not cutting circular

Post by bigfred »

]I am having with circles not coming out circular doing both pockets and profiles. I am using v-carve pro latest version but also had the same problem with the previous version . My machine is the oozenest workbee with the duet controller , belt and screw driven . I have read similar posts and tried out some of the suggestions with various results see photos
1mm depth.jpg
1mm plane.jpg
60 feed.PNG
close up v carve.jpg
slowing down the feed rates improve the circles but when increasing the depth of the cuts problems got worse
edge 1.PNG
edge 3.PNG
Any help and advice would be greatly apprecitated

note i have run the files through a g-code simulator and they look fine could it be a post proccesor or machine problem . thanks in advance for any help you can give

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: problems with circles not cutting circular

Post by dealguy11 »

Almost certainly a machine problem.

All of the normal mechanical things should be addressed. Make sure belts are tight. Make sure pinion gears are not loose. Check for binding or another problem that would cause you to lose steps. I don't know your machine, but somewhere in it is something that is letting at least one of the axes drift from where it's supposed to go.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The other thing to consider is your feed rates and pass depths. They might be just too much for the machine.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Adrian has already said you may be expecting to much from the machine, this would seem to suggest that:

slowing down the feed rates improve the circles but when increasing the depth of the cuts problems got worse

Your machine may not be that rigid so a bit of experimenting to find speed, feed & DOC settings that work well may be required :lol: :lol:

dakotablue
Model of CNC Machine: opensource

Post by dakotablue »

I had the same problem. I tweaked the voltage on the stepper motors until I got it right. It was trial and error but no problems since. I'm sure my machine is different but its what I did. Good luck.