Will someone with a working ELU 860 machine help please?

AlanAndrews
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ELU860

Will someone with a working ELU 860 machine help please?

Post by AlanAndrews »

Hi,

I'm new to this community.

I have an old ELU 860 machine. It has been working well, but went 'pop' a couple of days ago.

I have looked inside the right hand side panel, and can see that a small electronic component has blown. Unfortunately, it has blown out the front face of the component, which results in not being able to read the component part number now.

Can anyone open their machine and take a good quality photo of the small circuit board that is located bottom right of the circuitry please?

The board is labelled B&D REG45V.

The component I'm after is the 3 pin black item.

This is very urgent as I prepare for Christmas gifts.

Thank you for your assistance

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Will someone with a working ELU 860 machine help please?

Post by martin54 »

Might help if you posted a picture yourself to help others identify the part you are looking for. Have you checked for any other damage ? there is a good chance that something else caused this component to blow so simply replacing it may only result in exactly the same thing happening again :lol: :lol:

AlanAndrews
Vectric Apprentice

Post by AlanAndrews »

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes the component might fail again. But it might just be a single component failure.

Unfortunately, the photo is too big a file size to upload.

If someone has an ELU 860 cnc machining centre, then simply remove the right hand board cover, and the small board is attached to a 2.5" x 2.5" aluminium plate which in turn is screwed to the lower face immediately at the front side of the machine.

I'm just looking to get the component part number details of the small black component (with 3 soldered connections).

I'm assuming it is a Voltage Regulator but may also be a Transistor, as they look the same as a component. The only way to tell is to have the part/type number. The component does not need to be removed to get these details.

Thank you

AlanAndrews
Vectric Apprentice

Post by AlanAndrews »

Me again,

I have just completed a search on the forum for posts with ELU 860 in the subject.

I feel that the authors are the most likely to be able to assist in my quest for an answer.

But I'm not able to contact the users directly yet, as I'm a new forum user.

Is someone else able to forward my request to these users on my behalf please? ......

Ped_78

franco

quentint

Kevinb

Cap-size

Mark

Greolt

Thank you in anticipation.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Unfortunately, the photo is too big a file size to upload.
There are a number of free online photo resize tools available such as picresize.com where you can upload a photo, have it resized to a size like 800x450, and then download the new, smaller file.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

AlanAndrews
Vectric Apprentice

Post by AlanAndrews »

elu circuit.JPG
elu circuit.JPG (15.9 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
Here's a image of the circuit board and failed component (circled).

If someone with an ELU CNC 860 machine can open the cover, and either get a good photo of the component or can read the part/type details on the component, then this will help me enormously.

Thank you

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

Hi Alan,
unfortunately the pic is now too small to see any detail, can you make it bigger?
I think there might be a size limit until you have made a certain number of posts, you could email it to me and I could try uploading it.
oddballtim@yahoo.co.uk

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Alan being able to contact other forum members isn't something that you will ever be able to do without contacting Vectric support, it's not something that automatically becomes available after a certain time on the forum or a certain number of posts.
Private messaging is turned off by default for all forum members, if you would like to be able to use the private messaging service then you will need to contact Vectric support & ask them to activate Private messaging for your forum account :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best of luck with your hunt for a replacement part :lol: :lol: