Looking for router adivce

StuartC
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: DIY built

Looking for router adivce

Post by StuartC »

Looking to upgrade my router and I am considering a Joes 2006. I currently have a home made Solsylva 24" x 24". A Joes 2006 would give me an extra 24" and I could use the motors and electronics I already have. I would love the about a Joes hybrid but the funds required would put me way over budget. Anyone have any recommendations or tips?

Thanks,
Stuart

signmarketingman
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Professional done home built.

Re: Looking for router adivce

Post by signmarketingman »

I am considering a Joes 2006
Build a joes evo,, you will not be sad even if it is a few grand.. It will be well worth it.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Looking for router adivce

Post by martin54 »

StuartC wrote:Looking to upgrade my router and I am considering a Joes 2006. I currently have a home made Solsylva 24" x 24". A Joes 2006 would give me an extra 24" and I could use the motors and electronics I already have. I would love the about a Joes hybrid but the funds required would put me way over budget. Anyone have any recommendations or tips?

Thanks,
Stuart
Would it not be possible for you to hang on with the machine you have until you can increase your budget? Easy for me to say this as I am not paying for your machine but it seems to me that you are settling for something that you are never really going to be happy with & may end up regretting.